August 9, 2024

Restocked Pantry Mixes...


I just love seeing stocked shelves. One of our favorite mixes is for homemade brownies. I think our choice of cocoa powder is important, so I spend a little more for Ghirardelli cocoa for our brownie mix. 

The jar on the left is the mixture, and when I have filled all the jars I can put on the shelf (and still be able to close the cabinet door), the extra is stored in the gallon jar. I'll pull from that first, adding nuts when I make up the mix to bake.

I also restocked my cornmeal muffin mix - which is soooo much better than Jiffy™ (sorry, Jiffy), so I'll be able to make cornbread muffins to go with chili once the weather turns cooler. I pressure canned beef with homemade chili mix, and I also pressure canned our own chili beans. Add some fresh celery, onions, and a jar or two of stewed tomatoes, and I've made an entire meal with the contents of our pantry. The best part is that I know every single ingredient that went into every single jar. Only the best for Handsome and our family.

I also made up a new batch of laundry soap. It makes a lot! If you'd like to check out the "recipe", I shared it HERE in this post. I haven't rechecked the price per batch or load lately, but I know it's less expensive than Tide™ or other detergents, and there's virtually no waste. All the containers (except for the OxyClean™) are cardboard. 

***I just tested the link within that post for the recipe, and it's not working, so I'll share her recipe here:

Stone Gable Laundry Soap

4 lb. box of Borax Detergent Booster

1 lb. box of Arm & Hammer™ Baking Soda

55 oz. box of Arm & Hammer™ Super Washing Soda

4 bars Fels Naptha Soap™ (grated)

3 lb. container of OxyClean™ 

After grating the Fels Naptha bar soap, mix all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container. (It makes a lot, so you may need more than one.)

Use as you would your usual laundry soap. I use one scoop per load. (You can use the scoop that comes in the OxyClean container. If you'd like, you can also add a container of scent beads, like Downy Scent Booster beads. I usually don't add them, choosing to add them to the water separately, if I want to use them.

I'll be at work today, so knowing that we have healthy, simple meals in our pantry assures me that I can make a great dinner for us when I get home - and it actually doesn't take more than a half hour from the time I pull jars until we sit down to enjoy it.

I have a few things I need to do before I go to work, so I'm going to finish my cuppa and motivate. I never want to be late. Enjoy your weekend, and I'll be back to chat on Monday. Of course, you don't want to miss a moment of inspiration and reflection with a Sunday Scripture.

9 comments:

  1. You sure have been busy!
    Everything looks so nice in your pantry.
    Thanks for the links.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks, dear. It will be nice to go into the winter season with filled coffers again. I'm going to the farmers market next weekend to pick up the things I haven't grown this year. I hope you try that soap recipe. I really like it, and the laundry really looks and smells nice when I use it.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. How I wish we had the space to have a pantry as well stocked as yours. We do have a storage area that we use as a pantry but it's too warm for storing a lot of things and it ends up being storage for a lot of non-food items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Our pantry isn't insulated, so the contents stay on the cooler side, but thankfully don't freeze in the winter. I wish I could gift everyone with a pantry like this. It really is wonderful. (I really try not to rub it in, too.)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Donna Dear I believe even Martha Stewart would be envious of your full pantry shelves and organization. Thank you for sharing your laundry soap recipe. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I think Martha has people to stock her shelves for her, but that's just a guess. I think half of the satisfaction comes from doing the work. But then, I don't have the help, so what else would I say? lol You're welcome, dear. Let me know if you make up a batch and how you like it.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. You have quite a system going there.
    I always look forward to your Sunday Scripture.
    Have a great rest of your weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      I try. I think I'm going to have to do a little rearranging if I'm going to fit the applesauce AND the stewed tomatoes in the cabinets this year! I love choosing scriptures, so I'm so glad you enjoy reading them, dear.
      Big hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna