August 28, 2024

Waiting...

Under The Hickory Hill Farm Maple Tree

My perspective always improves when I'm out in nature. A peaceful calm comes over me and soothes my spirit.

I got a "good morning" call from Handsome shortly after I woke up yesterday. He just wanted to say hi and said he'd call back after he spoke with the doctor. As it turned out, he did stay another day.

He's now on the anti-seizure medication. When I talked with him, he said he'd already been up and walking around, but that he just wants to sleep right now. I don't really blame him. Who ever really sleeps well with doctors and nurses coming in to check on you every hour? His speech was a bit slurred, too, but I'm chalking that up to the new medication. I'll know more about that when I ask the doctor.

Handsome asked me not to make daily trips to Milwaukee at this point. He's busy doing therapy or sleeping when he can, so he prefers that I stay here with the dogs, so they're not crated all day. We do keep in touch, and I can always call the nurse's station as they gave me the direct number should I want medical updates. I'll be doing that today, unless Handsome calls to say they're releasing him. In that case, I'll drive down myself to get him. While I'm not fond of the drive, I can certainly navigate it safely myself. 

Both our sons are on deck should we need help. All I have to do is let them know and they're ready and willing. That takes a huge load off my mind. 

So, today, I'll continue to prepare for Handsome's return. If he's staying another day, I'll be baking a big batch of cookies to take to the neuro ICU nurse's station to show our gratitude. It will keep my hands and my mind busy, as I really can't concentrate on needlework right now. I'll be back with another status report tomorrow. Thanks again for all your prayers. Always.

8 comments:

  1. Positive thoughts for Handsome that he can come home soon.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Marilyn. We think he'll be home tomorrow. (Yay!)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I suppose, much as you want him home, it's better that he's where he can be monitored. Still sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, dear MA. You're so right. I wouldn't have been sleeping well, wondering whether or not he was okay. When he comes home, I'll be much more confident. Thank you for the continued prayers.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Lifting prayers that Handsome is receiving the best and most thorough care so that he will be in very good shape for coming home to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois, dear.
      Thank you so much. You're right that he's in the best place. He's looking forward to coming home for uninterrupted sleep. lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Hope all goes well and he's soon better and back home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Carlie. Thank you so much for your kind words. I think tomorrow will be the big homecoming!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna