August 20, 2024

August Craft Day...

August Craft Day (Top L-Clockwise: Donna, Nancy, Linda, Marie and Adrienne)

Craft Day this month was really different and fun. We decorated denim pockets salvaged from worn out jeans. Marie had saved the pockets over time from her husband's jeans, so we had many different style pockets to choose from.

The ladies had all sorts of ways to embellish - press-on images, silk and paper flowers, fabric scraps, crocheted pieces, and buttons. Each of us sat and contemplated our choices before digging in to the supplies to come up with five uniquely wonderful pieces. I was completely taken with Linda's fall-themed pocket!


I didn't actually complete mine until I got home. I had used a couple of the floral press-on images, but didn't want to glue my muslin to the denim. Instead, I pulled out a matching floss when I got back home and stitched my trim to the pocket. 

This was another fun day spent crafting with my girlfriends, but as always, the best part is just that we can all be together. It's well worth the hour and a quarter I travel each way to be with these dear friends, and I'm already looking forward to next month!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like such a great project and every one is so different. Of course you know I love anything made with denim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      This was fun to make, too. So many possibilities!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Sherry of createology: wonderful way to repurpose those denim pockets. Each one is beautiful. Getting together with creative friends is the very best therapy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      The best part is the time spent with friends. I'd happily sit and just watch everyone else for the time we can be together.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. What a clever and cute project! It must be fun to try something new each month! I agree with you: it's so worth the drive to spend time with dear friends...especially when you all enjoy being so creative together! Such a lovely way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Thanks, dear. Fun, indeed. Especially when you have no idea walking in what the project will be! It was a perfect day for a drive, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. This is a great idea, they are all so pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna