August 2, 2024

Di's Patriotic Bella Tote...

Di's Patriotic Bella Tote

You know how I dislike cutting out the pieces for new projects, right? I usually cut one day and sew the next. Yesterday was different. I cut and completed the tote for my sister in a few hours, and man, was I chuffed when it was finished.

So, here's the tote I made for her. She wanted it to be highly patriotic, so I combined navy and red cork, eagles and flags on the exterior pocket, and "America" and flags on the interior.

I sent photos to her when it was finished, and she whooped she was so tickled. She'll be in town today, but I'll likely see her in the morning when she comes out (with Grace!!!) to pick it up. She's excited to get her tote, and I'm equally excited to meet Grace (her new Corgi). I'll be sure to have Bella and Carly crated so no one bullies the puppy.

Yes. I'm still doing laundry. It's wonderful to have a second (and first) story clothes chute to the basement, but it can be a shock to see what's accumulated when you go into the basement. I'm going to keep after it until its all done and put away...and the basement it back to normal. 

I want to make curtains for the basement windows, too, so once the laundry is finished, I'll probably get after that project. I want something that will let the light in, but won't allow views into the basement from outside. I'll probably just choose a white cotton muslin. No frills. Just something practical and simple.

That won't happen until next week for sure. In the meantime, I'll work on my needlework in between loads of laundry. I work tonight, and then I'm off until Tuesday. I'm sure I'll accomplish something between now and then! 

Happy Weekend!


9 comments:

  1. The tote is gorgeous & rings all the Patriotic bells!
    I'm sure she will love it.
    We will need pictures of Di with little Grace, for sure.
    Enjoy your time with Di.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tote is so fun and wonderfully patriotic! You should be chuffed! I enjoyed reading everyone's comments yesterday, and I'm still chuckling to myself about schlepping laundry... and am very thankful no rocks nor rivers are involved in the washing of my clothes! Fewer clothes are a grand idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      I can't wait to see her face when she picks it up tomorrow. Thanks, dear. Yes. Those comments had me giggling, too. The more I think about it, the more I realize how much better I'd be with less. I'm going to get working on that!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Well done! I know your sister will treasure it and will love showing it off to her friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thank you, dear. I think that's just what she has planned!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Wonderful Patriotic tote for Di. She will be a very Proud American to use it and show it off. You really did a fabulous job. Speaking of laundry I used to send a lot to dry cleaning/laundry but here the cost is exorbitant so no more passing off my laundry. I would love to see photos of Grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I think she will love it. (If her reaction to seeing the photos during a phone call are any indication). Thanks, dear. When we were in Florida, he almost wore those white dress shirts out. I actually enjoy ironing, having cut my teeth ironing Dad's white shirts when he was a teacher. Like other things, I'm a superior procrastinator, so they tend to pile up until I make myself do the work. Then I watch tv or listen to music while I happily iron away. I'll get photos of Grace when Di comes tomorrow. I'll share them on Monday.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Not sure why my post didn't show up.
    It's a beautiful bag & Di will love it!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marylyn-
      Im not sure either. Hmmmm. Thanks so much she should be here soon to get it. I'll take pictures, for sure!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna