August 9, 2024

Having Faith...

Wood Shed Queen Anne's Lace

I took a walk around our yard yesterday. Once I was up behind the wood shed, I saw all the huge patches of Queen Anne's Lace. I thought the shed made an interesting backdrop of my favorite wildflowers.

I'm missing Tag so much this week. Maybe seeing Grace sparked it. Maybe it's just that I miss having him underfoot as a work in the kitchen; as we eat dinner; chasing him in the yard; or just having him to cuddle. I needed the walk to clear my head, or to walk barefoot in the grass to ground myself again. I'll still miss him, but being in nature helps to push it down again for a little while.

Handsome is doing so much better, and I have the girls (canine and feline) to help me snap out of it. I have so much for which to be grateful. Today will be better. I just know it. Rather, I have faith that it will be. 

7 comments:

  1. Extra hugs all around today. Bev in NS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Queen Anne's Lace.
    Glad Handsome i doing better.
    ((((((HUGS))))))
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have no doubt having Grace visit brought back memories and that's okay. You are right to be grateful for what you have but also need to allow yourself to have periods of grief too.
    So glad to hear that Handsome is improving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs my friend,life sometimes does that to us.Our gorgeous Tag will always be with you.I really miss his Tuesday visits as does my litte doggo Lilly.(i used to read all his antics to her) You will still trip over him from time to time.Glad to hear Handsome is getting stronger.Love to all as always Laura-Jane.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you have had such a special dog, you always miss them. Try to keep the happy memories of Tag handy to help in the sad times. I know the other fur babies will give you some extra love to comfort you.
    It is wonderful news Handsome is continuing to get better. Take care - Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry of createology: Days of memories are good for the soul. Tears are good to wash away any sadness. Your Queen Anne’s Lace is very pretty especially against the “shed”. I have a renewed clean and sunny view of my world. Our windows got cleaned yesterday and what a huge difference. There is so much building going on in this area so the dirt just collects all over the windows! Blessings my friend and we are both so grateful for Handsome recovering well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that picture of the shed and Queen Anne's Lace reminds me of the farm days.
    And Tag, he is truly missed and thought of so very often by me.
    So glad to hear that Handsome is improving and doing so well.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna