August 3, 2024

Surprise Mail...

An unexpected package arrived in the mail yesterday from my dear friend in Arizona. Imagine my delight when I found not only an assortment of lovely metallic threads, but these treasures inside, as well.

The book comes with a glowing review from my friend, and I look forward to reading every page (at least once). There's a lovely bookmark inside to mark my place, too. It's been a little anxious around here lately, so the book is going to be a welcome read. I expect it will become quite dog-eared as I work my way through it.

The fabric case behind it was created just for me. When I sent off a recent box, filled with an assortment of fabric to her, she commissioned a local friend to make some things for her using this fabric (which I knew she'd love). Never in a million years did I expect her to ask her friend to create something wonderful for me at the same time. The closure is a large, vintage pendant repurposed for this application. I think it's just perfect! Now, when I use the case, I know that my dear friend will be using hers in the exact same fabric. 

This package made my month, to be honest. Handsome continues to improve and life is getting back to our normal, but I admit, these gifts really lifted my spirits. Thank you, dear C. You knew just what I needed, and this long-distance hug from you is so appreciated. I love, love, love everything! You'll hear from me again soon. xoxoxo

12 comments:

  1. What pretty & thoughtful gifts you received.
    I'm glad Handsome is on the mend.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Aren't they wonderful? I'm so glad he's doing better, too. I was a wreck when he was in the hospital. Thank you, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Isn't it wonderful when the mail brings something unexpected and thoughtful. Even more wonderful to have a friend that knows you so well and knows what you would like. Looks as though that book would be spot on for this time in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Just the best! She always sends me the loveliest surprises. I'm thinking the same about the book. She says her copy is well-loved and has lots of notes written into it. I'm looking forward to reading it.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely package you received! Beautiful, useful, and encouraging - really can't get any better than that! (-:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry of createology: Lovey and very thoughtful gifts from your Arizona friend. Thankfully Handsome is improving every day. Relax with a cup of tea and enjoy your new book dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I couldn't agree more, dear. I'm so grateful he's doing so much better. I think that's a perfect idea! I think I just may do that Sunday.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Your photo makes it so beautiful! I am glad you were surprised because I sure wanted you to be. Chocolate would have rounded it out but we both know how that went last time ( haha,). Hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, my dear. You sent just the smile I needed. You always do. I completely understand about the chocolate. With this heat, it would have been disastrous! Those treats must wait for cold weather. Big hugs and love from me to you.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Such a great surprise, so much to be said for unexpected packages.
    She has so many wonderful books.
    Beautiful gifts.
    Continued improvement and getting back to your normal is so good to hear.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      They do brighten our days, don't they? Just what I needed right now. Handsome is getting stronger by the day, and I'm so grateful for all the prayers and good thoughts. I hope you have a lovely weekend, too, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna