June 1, 2024

Folding Fabrics...

I'm on a roll now! I've been folding fabrics that will either be listed in my Etsy shop, or will be shipped off for donation. This is just a sampling of those that will be shipped for donation on Monday.

Now that I've wholeheartedly jumped into decluttering, I'm motivated to keep going. What don't I want to store or dust anymore? Is it worth my time to list for sale? Is there really a great reason to keep this? Is this something someone in our family would like now or in the future? If so, could I just give it to them now? Would someone enjoy it more than I? If we were to move again, would it be worth packing to take with us? These are the questions I ask myself every time I look at, move, or clean something now. It sure is making it easier to send things on their way.

There are more fabrics in the original photo than what I've shared here, so I'm going to pack this box first, and then start another batch to send toward the end of next week. I know I've written this before, but I wasn't fully committed to letting go until recently. This summer will be the season for real change. You'll be seeing more of this in the future. 

It's difficult to believe it's the weekend again already, and that we're starting June - the middle of the year! Will someone please slow down time for me? I'm getting dizzy, it's passing so fast! Happy Saturday. I hope you do something fun this weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful fabrics.
    I commend you for cleaning so much out.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I have so much to deal with in that room. I'm being brutal because I want to reclaim it as a bedroom. I'll just keep plugging away.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. oooooh - such pretties!!!! Really wish postage wasn't so ridiculous or I'd be sorely tempted. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear MA. You just never know when a surprise might land on your doorstep!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Donna, you are an inspiration. Just cleared out my sewing area and a lot of stuff will not make it back into that area. Wish me luck. Bev in NS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bev:
      I'm always happy to inspire, my dear. I hope you're successful! I'll definitely send along wishes for your victory over "stuff".
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your progress! I think asking the "questions" is a good motivator. I'm still in my ups and downs with decluttering so thanks for sharing. It puts me in an "up" mode. Have a nice weekend. - Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy:
      Thanks. It sure feels good. I have to photograph what I want to list in my Etsy shop, and I, too have ups and downs. Your comment urges me on. Glad I can help you "up", too!
      Blessings,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Sherry of createology: You have such gorgeous fabrics dear. I remember when we sewed dresses for Girls Around the World. You are quite the motivation for me to purge my Vault of supplies. Thank you my friend…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I was just thinking about that recently. It sure was a worthy cause, and I enjoyed every moment choosing fabrics and sewing dresses. You were a huge contributor, too!
      Big hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Oh I like that summer of real change. Another great motivator post.
    Those are great questions, my questions are more like......Really? or What were you thinking?
    One way or another I'm getting the job done.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Shirley:
      And, again, you make me giggle. I'm not self-aware enough to question my original decisions. Someone else must have dropped these things in my lap! lol Fact is, I'm content doing more needlework than handbags/wallets and quilts these days. I do have a few on my to do list, and two shows the end of this year, but I'm hoping to be down to one shelf of fabrics I adore, and then let the rest go to new homes. Then I won't feel a pang of guilt whenever I sit down to stitch...my first love. I know you'll accomplish your goals, too. I have faith in you!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna