June 24, 2024

Mum's 87th...

Yesterday was my mum's Birthday. Some of our family was able to gather to celebrate with her and my stepdad at their home.

It was a great surprise to learn my eldest niece and goddaughter came to visit for the weekend with two of her three kids, so I spent a little time there Saturday after work. Then I went back yesterday and more of our family had come to celebrate, too.

l-r: Niece/Goddaughter, Jen; her daughter on her lap; my youngest brother's son, Cain; Stepdad; Mum; Niece's son; Cain's son; Cain's wife, Jesse; their daughter on my sister, Jan's lap; me

Me, Mum, Jan, Jen


One of Mum's two little dogs, Jesse, me, Mum, Jan, Jen

 Me, Mum, Jan.

Sorry that my sister, Di wasn't in the photograph. She was home in Minnesota with her family.

Auntie with Goddaughter.

This photo was taken Saturday after a full day of work. It rained all day, and my hair curled up as I was driving to Mum and Stepdad's house, but it's a wonderful photograph of my mother...and well, that's what I looked like. (Jury's still out on this "growing my hair out" thing. Short short is definitely lower maintenance. Opinions welcome.) Either way, I'm happy to have this image of the two of us. It's one for the memory book.

I'm writing this on Sunday night. I'm tired from a full two days, but glad for every moment of it. I'll be back tomorrow, and hoping that I might have a little needlework to share with you. Have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. Great pics of family, & nice pic of you & your Mum.
    Your Mum looks great!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks so much, dear. I'll tell her you said so.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Beautiful family pictures! I’m glad you could get together with your family and celebrate mum. Andrea Hickman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea:
      Thank you so much. It was a nice afternoon, and a perfect celebration for Mum's 87th.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Happiest of Birth Day wishes to your beautiful Mum! Love the picture of the two of you together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks so much. I'll be sure to pass on your wishes. I like that photo, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Wonderful pics, and great memories.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thanks so much. I know Mum was very happy to have so many there to celebrate her day.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Sherry of createology: Happy 87th Birthday to your Mum. The photos are wonderful. I noticed your hair right away and I like it. It is soft and feminine. Happy Restful Stitching week dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dear Sherry:
      I'll be sure to pass on your Birthday wishes to her. I love all the pictures, too. Do you like my hair? I'm still not sure. It's a lot more work, and man, it gets curly in this heat! I'm wearing headbands now to keep it off my face. It's not long enough to pull it up (yet). I had a lovely day stitching Wednesday. I must make time for more.
      Thursday Blessings,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna