June 27, 2024

Goldwork Mockingbird - Nearly Completed...

Wednesday went even better than I planned. It started with packaging up almost twenty pounds of fabric to send to my dear friend in Arizona, along with tidying up the studio a bit. I "hoped to work on my goldwork mockingbird" to make a little progress afterward. Imagine my joy when I actually finished all the needlework!

 
I think I may have even captured a little of the sparkle on it in this shot! My plan today is to release it from the ground fabric, add feet, and then turn it into an ornament like the blue tit I did previously. It won't have a nest hanging below it, but I will have another completed class piece from Clara Stitching.

I'm hoping to show you the completed piece tomorrow, and then I'll hang it in my studio with all my other embroidered birds - the quilts and the goldwork ornament. It might be time to think about my next bird quilt, too. Hmmmmm. Bluebirds? Orioles?

5 comments:

  1. What beautiful bird, it turned out so very pretty.
    That wing detail is awesome!
    We still have Orioles here eating jelly like crazy.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mockingbird is wonderful! I always enjoy seeing the unique materials you select for each piece! It sounds like it was a very good day - completing this lovely piece, clearing out a huge amount of "delights" from your studio, and sharing those delights with a friend! A very good day, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a very perfect day! Your mockingbird turned out beautifully and came together really quickly (at least I think it did). Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry of createology: This Mockingbird is exquisite! Donna you have captured real life so beautifully with bling and sparkle. You must be Clara’s stellar student! Happy Day Dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stunning.
    Great close up, beautiful work.
    Oh that wing.
    Bluebirds, Orioles, you know it will be both eventually.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna