June 28, 2024

Mockingbird Ornament...

My mockingbird ornament is complete! Rather than add a tassel or nest under this bird, I added three silver beads to weight the bottom of the ornament. 


Now, my new mockingbird hangs next to the blue tit ornament from my first bird class with Clara Warschauer. I think her next bird may be a blue jay, but I'm thinking about a different one that I may tackle yet this summer. I'll draw up a few ideas while I mull it over.

If you're on Instagram, you can click HERE to go to my Brynwood Needleworks page and see the video I shot showing my hummingbird among the hollyhocks. A little bee even stopped to say hello. 

On to the next thing. Your guess is as good as mine right now. I'll be sitting down to peruse my choices.  We'll see together soon.

11 comments:

  1. Both of the birds are absolutely gorgeous.
    Can't wait to see what is next!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I sure wish you could see them in person. The photos don't do them justice.
      Thanks, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. You're starting a wonderful collection! I don't know which I like better and now I'm anxious to see which one you choose to do next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks! I don't think I could choose either. We'll see. I've got about five in my head.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Both birds are beautiful. I always enjoy seeing your creations! Andrea Hickman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea:
      Thank you, dear. I really appreciate it.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Your beaded birds are stunning. You may need an Aviary soon. I love them both! Your next project will keep me entranced for certain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Sherry:
      You're so sweet, my friend. I like the idea of an aviary! I hope you like what I choose next.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Stunning and gorgeous are the right words! They capture the beauty of the real birds in a unique and beautiful way! Will enjoy seeing your next beaded bird...or bird quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Thank you, my friend. I'm leaning toward a new bird quilt...perhaps the bluebirds will be next.
      We'll see soon!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. The beautiful flock is thriving.
    A new bird quilt? Can anything top that Cardinal quilt?
    Have a great weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna