June 10, 2024

Four to Go!...

Four wee frogs ready to hop to new homes. I didn't show them finished so that they'll be a surprise for the recipients. Three will be scissors fobs and one will be a brooch. I did my best to make each one of (all of) these completely different from the others. 

In total - including the first one I made in class - I've completed fifteen frogs. I think I'll take a break from them for a bit and then I'll make a couple for my Etsy shop later this summer.

I'm going to be baking and canning this week. I need to restock the pantry with hickory syrup, canned mushrooms, pizza sauce, stewed tomatoes, tomato basil soup, my baking mixes (brownies, cake mixes, and corn muffins), and some of my cooking mixes (gravies and spice blends). 

I think I've told you before, but my main goal is to preserve many of the things that we usually buy at the store. With prices skyrocketing and all the additives (some not necessarily healthy), I'm happy to do the work in consideration of both of those things.

It's going to be a busy week, so I'm glad the frogs are done and will be on their way. I can't wait to hear how the last of the giveaway winners feels about theirs.

10 comments:

  1. They are all so pretty.
    You are going to have a busy week!
    Stay cool, we are supposed to have a heat wave this week
    Marilyn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn;
      You're right about the weather. It was hot outdoors Monday. Your wee frog is on its way!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Those little crowns just put a great touch on the wee froggies. I know from experience that the recipients are going to be so thrilled with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I love those little crowns, too. I'm so glad you love yours, my friend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Your Wee Froggies are each so very precious. To hand stitch 15 of these is amazing and you should be crowned Queen! Restocking your pantry will be very satisfying for both health and cost savings. Enjoy your week dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      It was a marathon, for sure, dear - and a labor of love to be sure. I'm looking forward to a week in the kitchen (after Tuesday work day). I hope you have a great week, too. Stay cool, hon. I can't believe the heat you're getting!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Fifteen!! That is quite a task and all beautifully done, I have no doubt! It would have been so cute to see all of those little froggies gathered together - an "army" of frogs! Not nearly as lovely a name as a "loveliness" of lady bugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      I would have loved to see them all together, too! I'm glad I did them in shifts, though. Four at a time was great fun. (I like the loveliness of lady bugs, too)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Tadpole season has ended, they have grown into such adorable frogs.
    What a week ahead for you.
    Enjoy the week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      I love the reference! Thanks for another smile. I may be overly ambitious (in my head). We'll have to see if these ol' bones are up to the task(s). I hope you have a beautiful week, too, my dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna