June 25, 2024

Gifts From A Friend...


I'm not sure my friend would like to be named, so I'll keep that to myself unless she says differently. A package arrived yesterday from England. She'd warned me to expect an overseas package, but didn't tell me any more than that, fearing I might guess what was coming.

Imagine my delight when I opened the package and found a box containing this gorgeous coronation cup commemorating Charles' ascending to the throne. Do you see why this it's perfect for me? I noticed immediately. ACORNS!...and I love the color green, too!

As if that wouldn't have been a wonderful gift in itself, there was more! She also sent a new kitchen apron and a matching tea towel. They're both baking themed, and I just giggled with glee. I actually wore the apron as I cooked dinner last night. 

The apron and tea towel were designed for Victoria Eggs™, and they're just the most appropriate gifts for this rising baker. (snort)


Thank you, dear J. I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your friendship and generous heart. I love all my gifts and will treasure them always - along with the other surprises you've gifted me over the years. You're simply the best!

12 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful mug, & cute accessories.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely gifts!! Aren't gifts extra special when we can see that the giver really gave thought and paid attention to the recipient's interests?! Very meaningful! That thoughtfulness is as special as the gift itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      I'm thinking exactly the same thing! She's always so thoughtful about the gifts she shares, and they're always perfectly me! I'm one lucky girl!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. J really knows how to make your heart sing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet of your friend to send you something so perfect for you! You will enjoy many cups of coffee in that pretty mug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      She is a dear, and she knows just what I love. English china mugs and cups are the best! I treasure the ones I have.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Sherry of createology: What a thoughtful and sweet gift from your friend in the UK. Perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      She actually lives stateside, but she often orders gifts for me from England. I'm so grateful, I've been in tears each time I've opened a package from her. I love the gifts I get from my friends, including yours, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Such a beautiful and thoughtful surprise.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Wasn't it? Just like the surprises "we" get from you, my dear. I'm one lucky girl...and so are the Hickory Hill critters!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna