June 20, 2024

June Classmate Dinner...

Our monthly classmate dinner has become quite a hit, with more people joining each month. There were twelve of us yesterday, with another classmate who saw us jumping in for the photograph.

L-R back row: Al, Claire, Janet, Max, me, Bruce, Mary, and Dan  L-R front row: Karen S., Julie, Karen C., Deb B. and Brad.

Brad recently had a birthday and Bruce had been coveting my cinnamon rolls since seeing a post I put up on Facebook last month, so I baked a tray of 15 rolls for our gathering (plus a tray of 6 for home) in the morning. I frosted them about a half hour before heading to the restaurant. I was quite gratified when everyone tucked into theirs after dinner. They were a huge hit, and I even have orders (they're going to buy them from me!) for next month. Actually, there were four rolls left at the end of our meal, and Bruce snagged those to take home, handing me money before we parted. I may be onto a little side business here!

We love taking these photographs each month to capture these moments in time. Hard for me to believe that we range in age from 68 to nearly 70. We sure don't act or feel like it (most of the time). When we get together, it's like we go back in time for a little while and forget all our cares. It's really nice.

We set our date before parting ways and are looking forward to seeing each other next month. I wish all of you could join us. We're a really fun group of friends to hang around with.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time with friends!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      We really do enjoy these gatherings. I look forward to them every month now.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great group! Nice to know that more are joining in and that it's going to be a monthly thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I agree. The more, the merrier, and these really are wonderful folks to be around.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Your group looks like it is a lot of fun. I am not sure you have time for a side business however it is wonderful they loved your cinnamon rolls. Happy Summmer Solstice Dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      They really are fun. I think you're right about the side business, but I know that I'll be making more to take with me to the next dinner. At least three people have ordered some. (Looks like it will cover the cost of my dinner!) It's summer, for real, now!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Donna, I think that is so nice that you all get together once a month. Some of my classmates back home have been doing that. Some day I will plan my trip North so I can have dinner with them. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherri:
      I know you'll have fun if you do. We all look forward to it, and we do our best to work around the travel schedules of our core group.They hate not being able to make it, so we do our best for them. Happy Weekend, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna