June 12, 2024

Today's Project...

I'm using this photo from 2018 to show you what I'll be doing today. It's Hickory Syrup day at the farmhouse! Likely by the time you read this (if it's still morning), the kitchen will be filled with the wonderful sweet aroma of hickory syrup being bottled. 

Once it's all bottled, I'll water bath it so the jars will all be safely preserved for the usual short time they remain on the shelf. Our sons are already excited at the prospect of bottles heading their way, and depending on just how many I do today, I may have a few for sale. If so, you'll find a purchase button that will appear in my right sidebar tomorrow.

I'm working early today because it's supposed to get into the 80s by this afternoon, and I want to be finished - with all the canning and cleanup done - by then. So, as much as I'd love to chat more with you today, I really must run. I'll see you again tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Have fun doing the syrup!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. sherry of createology: Your Syrup is delicious and so worth your time to make it dear. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those jars of goodness will make you feel so happy I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to get my projects out of the way early in the day also.
    Enjoy another productive day.
    We have one more decent day tomorrow and then we are blasting into the
    90's and humid for at least the next week. Oh Joy! NOT.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna