June 17, 2024

June Craft Day...


It was my turn to lead our craft group this month, and I chose a sweet, little project making teacup (or mug) bird feeders. I'm sharing Sara's first this month. 

Here's a little closeup of hers, showing you the woodsy-themed design, and some of the details.

Nancy's was a more feminine tea cup and saucer set with little flowers along the border of both pieces. She even added a bit of bling to the bottom!

Marie's is also a more delicate tea set with flowers that she complimented with her added design elements. We were giggling that we can almost predict what each of us will create based on our past preferences. I would have guessed Marie would chose this set.

I specifically hunted for something that Linda could do in her favorite patriotic theme. The closest I could come was this cute lighthouse set. She found the extra elements I brought along (an eagle pendant and starry dangles) to add to her piece. 


I also had these huge flag buttons with me. She glued one to the bottom of her cup!

Kim's favorite color is aqua, and hard as I tried, I was unable to find anything in her color. I did find some plain white sets that had extra detail imprinted in the design of the cup, and she found lots of dusty blues to use instead. I love how hers turned out!

Adrienne always creates such elegant and vintage designs. She chose beautiful silks in a deep blue, added a key dangle near the handle, and added a heart charm to her beads at the bottom of the cup.
 
In case you're interested, we didn't drill anything. I came up with the idea of cutting wine corks into 1" think wafers, to which we secured small screw eyes. From there we glued them to the bottoms of the saucers and could add whatever hanging embellishments we wanted. It worked out great.

 
Finally, my cup. I chose a plain white that had a basket weave pattern on the outside of the cup and along the edge of the saucer. I added teardrop trim to the bottom of mine, and then glued the last dangle back onto the edge of the saucer to secure it. I figured this shiny bauble loop might be a place for a little bird to perch as it waits its turn at the feeder. I finished my design with a bird button on the bottom of the cup, and lilac blossom flowers glued to the sides.

Once again everyone took their set and added their own personality and creative talent to their cups. It was a simple project and made everyone smile when we were finished...and in the end, little birds will benefit when they visit each of our feeders. (Don't tell anyone, but purple is my sister, Di's favorite color. This might end up with her next month. I can always make another.)

I'm already looking forward to next month's project, but will definitely enjoy this one each summer.

12 comments:

  1. What a great project.
    They are all so unique & pretty.
    Hard to pick a favorite.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn! We sure had fun, and I love them all, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Such a fun project and I love how they all turned out differently and reflected the likes/personalities of the makers. The smiling faces say it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Isn't it wonderful that each of our personalities shines through in our works? Sometime, I'll post our projects and let everyone guess who did what. I agree. We all smiled when this one was done.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Great idea. Love how person made it their own too. When you get it hung up post it for us to see. Have a great weekend. Charlene in Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlene:
      Thanks, dear! I shared as requested in Tuesday's post. Hope you had a nice weekend, too!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. I do enjoy seeing everyone express their own personalities in their crafting! Everyone is so creative and clever. I know that I would have chosen the white basketweave myself! I love white (or cream) china with simple "embossed" patterns like that. After over 30 years of using a set of heavy gray Pfaltzgraff dishes with white flowers (Heirloom pattern) I finally switched to a simple white porcelain setting with a sort of raised lattice work pattern around the rim. I love it! And it's so much easier to unload the dishwasher now. (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      I know I saw a Nantucket basket pattern on white years ago that I really loved. I admit I have way too many dish sets. I'm actually going to let some sets go soon, but I do have a vintage white set that will definitely stay. I always loved Pfaltzgraff patterns, but never sprung for a set. In fact I almost purchased a teacup set for Saturday, but put it back in favor of ironstone pieces. Thanks for sharing.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. This was a great project.
    I enjoy seeing how different and beautiful each one is.
    The smiles say it all.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thanks! We did have fun, and each personality showed through.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Sherry of createology: These are just as sweet as the birdies who will Tweet for a Treat. Each one unique and beautiful. You have a wonderful group of talented ladies to get together with. Creative Bliss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I think you're right. I do love these ladies! It was blissful, indeed.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna