March 13, 2024

Well, THAT Was Fun (Plus Class Information)...

Well, if you know...you know. This is how I spent Monday, preparing to get to the hospital at 7:45 Tuesday morning. Good times. Actually, I was out cold for most of the morning.

In the interest of avoiding "TMI", I'll forego the details. What I'll say is that I got a perfectly clean bill of health. Came home with Handsome as my chauffeur and spent the rest of the day doing mostly nothing. 

My deep apologies for not sharing something creative, but I can't show what I haven't got. I did hoop up more natural linen fabric, so I can make two more sheepy pendants for my shop, but didn't have the clarity nor concentration to start making perfect, little French knots. 

I think Handsome wants me to run errands with him this morning. He needs to get some new dress slacks for his concerts - and sadly to wear to a funeral of a dear friend next week who passed away in Florida. I'll take him to the airport next Monday. I'll stay home with the my canine and feline girls to keep the home fires burning.

When we get back home, I'll start on the sheep, hoping to finish them today or tomorrow and then get them listed.


There's been some interest in learning this alcohol ink egg coloring technique, so I'm planning to do a  FREE Facebook live class on Saturday morning.

If you're interested, please comment letting me know. Participants will need to purchase their own alcohol inks. Hobby Lobby, Joann's, and Michaels all have them, so hopefully you can pick some up. Here's the full supply list:

Alcohol Ink Assortment - in the stamping section of the stores

1 or 2 sheets of felt (will be cut into smaller squares)

White plastic  eggs (white works best. Must be plastic)

99% isopropyl alcohol - small bottle is fine (I got mine at Walmart)

plastic table cloth or something non-porous to protect your work surface

disposable plastic gloves to protect your hands - you'll want more than a few pairs. I bought a whole box at Walmart. 

Plan to wear a smock or an old shirt if you tend to be messy. The ink won't come out of anything you get it on.

Lastly, you'll need a non-alcohol sealer for your eggs. Sarah suggested Krylon™ Kamar Varnish, which you can get at Hobby Lobby or Walmart. This is what it looks like to help you find it.

I'm planning the class for 10:30 am Central Time (US), Saturday, March 16, 2024, so you'll need to find out what time that might be for your time zone. I'll save the video to Facebook so those who can't make it can view it later. If you are unable to get your supplies by the class, don't worry, you can pick them up later (or order from Amazon) to make your eggs another time. I'm doing the class now in case you'd like to have them to add to your Easter decorations this year.

I hope you'll join me in my studio on Saturday morning! I can't wait to share this technique with you!

10 comments:

  1. I definitely know what those products are for. :)
    Glad you got a clean bill of health.
    You are so generous to offer a class for the eggs.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Once less thing to think about. Thanks. I'll save the video so those who can't attend can view it later. Hope you can join us!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Ugh. Yes, you need not say more. Glad all was well! It's always good to have that behind you. 😉 Have fun with your class! I'm not on FB otherwise I might have taken peek to see what it's all about...although I absolutely don't need to be getting more craft supplies. 😏 -Lois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Love your sense of humor. A gal after my own heart. Once the class is recorded and saved, I can share it here or pull it to YouTube so you can see it. If you get to see the process, you might like to add just a wee bit more to your supplies. ;-)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. So glad you had a clean bill of health! That test is definitely a pain in the derrierre (no pun intended).
    I am bemoaning the fact that I got rid of alcohol inks because I'd love to make some of these for the grandies. Oh well. Obviously not meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Me, too. Prep day is always a...ready for it?...bummer (hee hee), but I'm glad I don't have to do it again for at least ten years. Funny, but I probably already have some alcohol inks around here, or some I gave away, too. Now that I have a way to use them, I had to get a new assortment. Nuts, right? sigh I saw another method that I'll talk about during the class.A lot fewer supplies needed.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Oh, this looks so fun. Can’t wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry of createology: Oh My! I had the same delicious treats last week for a very early test on Wednesday. Unlike my wonderful hubby who has been announced “A perfect A$$hole” I am not. I shall not have supplies but I will love watching your video for Alcohol Eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I don't drink Gatorade on a good day. Then to have to gulp down 64 ounces over four hours? ugh Glad it will be at least 10 years before I contemplate a repeat. Love your sense of humor, too, kiddo. I'm laughing at the rest of your message about the subject. Glad you'll watch the video. I'll show you what everything looks like, as well as the result.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna