March 27, 2024

Rest...

I worked yesterday from 9:30 in the morning until nearly 5 pm. We were wonderfully busy, and I offered smiles and greetings to everyone who entered the store. My job title is "cashier", a little bit waitress, and some bookkeeping for my cash drawer at the beginning and end of my shift. With all that busy-ness, by the time Handsome picked me up and we got back home I was ready for a nap.

Instead, I made tea for both of us and we sat down to talk about our day. Again I thought about a nap, but we decided to make a light dinner together. After dinner, I really didn't have the energy to set up my needlework to sit at my frame to finish my little ladybug. So I didn't. 

We also decided to turn in early (for us). We're both night owls, but not last night. I work again today, so it was prudent to get a good night's sleep.

I'll see how today goes and how I feel when I get home. You know I'm happiest with a needle and thread in my hands, so I'm hoping to stitch this evening. 

Thanks for the comments about my current ladybug, but I'm already contemplating how I'll change her for the next one...and I'm still open to modifying subsequent ones until I really love how they'll look. I have small sequins, so I may try that for the spots. I may add more outlining in layers, too. We'll see. 

I'll close for now, as I need to get ready for work. I love it when it's busy because the time really flies, and before I know it, Handsome is waiting outside to take me back home. I do love the chauffeur service! Have a great day, and I'll see you tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. I hope you got a good sleep before your work schedule today.
    I'm g;ad Handsome chauffeurs you.
    I also the happiest when I have needlework in my hands. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I got lots of rest, but by the end of yesterday, my feet were shot. Two days spent mostly on my feet, even with new work shoes was tough on this ol' bird. I'm glad I can give them a good rest now until Friday. I plan to sit on my duff all day Thursday. Pulling together tax docs and stitching are on my dance card.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Being on your feet for that length of time is bound to make you tired. An early to bed night was probably a good thing, although for me it never works. I end up waking up at dark-thirty in the morning and then can't get back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Boy, you've got that right! I got good sleep, but another full, busy day on my feet nearly did me in. I'm fortunate that the mid-night trips to the bathroom don't keep me from falling back to sleep. Tylenol last night, and I slept through like a baby. "Butt work" today is on myagenda. I still haven't pulled together our paperwork for our tax accountant, and I'm not letting another day pass without stitching.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. That is a long day. And for me when I'm busy an hour seems like five minutes, before you
    know it the day is gone.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      That's exactly how the past two days flew by. My feet took the brunt of the torment. I'm giving them a rest today, for sure. Glad I have today and most of Friday to let them recuperate. God forbid I drop something - even a slip of paper - at work. How does the floor get further away every day? lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Cereal for our dinner tonight. I was exhausted from a very fast intense watercolor all day class. I also have a longer day tomorrow with another class and then the evening monthly meeting. I have so much to learn and I am fully enjoying it all. If only I were younger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Oh, yes. Don't you wish we'd had these new interests as younger women? I've always been a needleworker, so I do have that, but I've enjoyed the watercolor classes my sister, Jan offers online, and then there's my latest new pursuit...needle felting. I'll get to more of that after I finish frogs, ladybugs, my mockingbird, and the corgi brooches I'm planning. Enjoy your classes, dear and get good rest in between.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna