March 19, 2024

Beginnings of a Mockingbird...

 

First, please believe me when I say it's just as weird for me, as I'm sure it is for you, not to see Tag's handsome face here on Tuesdays. I'm having a hard time coming to terms with his absence here and in my life. I'll do my best to make your Tuesday visits here worth while without him. 


When I got back from the airport, I couldn't wait to begin working on my mockingbird for the first session of the class. I had the tracing done before I went to bed Sunday night, so I could cut out all the pieces of felt and start stitching.

I attached all the felt padding, stuffing as I went; couched down all of the super pearl purl outlines; and finished the day by adding the eye detail. By the time I was to this point, it was late and dark, so I didn't do a very good job with lighting to show any closeups. I'll do that when I start working on it again today.

I did take out a section early on because I wasn't happy with the way the padding was progressing. Once that was removed, I reapplied and was much more pleased with the result. 

My stitching today will be to add chipping to the head, using two different "threads" - brilliant check purls in silver, and smooth purls in shades of gray. Once that's done, I'll be caught up with our class assignment. I'll post photos tomorrow to show you how it looks after the purls have been stitched down. 

Time to get to the really fun part. (I love cutting and applying all the little chips of check purls!) See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Wishing handsome a safe trip.
    Great progress already!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Tuesdays aren't the same. Safe trip to Handsome and I'm looking forward to seeing your work on the mockingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you! I can’t help but marvel over your needlework. I’m looking forward to seeing your mockingbird. I’m sure it will be stunning. Andrea Hickman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry of createology: I am missing Tag every day so I understand how much you miss him. Safe travels for Handsome. Your attention to detail is amazing. This Mockingbird already looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you (((hugs)))!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna