March 25, 2024

I Couldn't Wait...

I spent much of yesterday baking, as Handsome comes home today. I wanted to have some tasty treats for him to enjoy once he gets settled back in. However, I did have time later in the day to sit down to stitch. I couldn't concentrate on my mockingbird, though. I had this on my mind!

I drew out a little ladybug and proceeded to set up the project in my hoop. I'm not sure how I feel about the black chipping for the spots. I either have small black seed beads (like the eyes), or really large black beads for larger pieces (like the frogs). I think I need to find a bead that's a #8, rather than the #11s for the eyes. I'll complete her this afternoon and then see about getting what I need to do the other two.

What do you think? Do you like my execution for this idea so far? I'm not planning to stitch legs. I think she'll just be "tucked in" for the little brooch. I'm still deciding whether or not I'll do this little antennae. I don't recall seeing them on the read ones. Decisions. Decisions. More results soon...

14 comments:

  1. She is too cute!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Those three will definitely a beautiful Loveliness of Lady bugs! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lois! Isn't that a sweet name for their groups?
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Great start! A thought - would a small sequin work for the spots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      That's a great idea! I have some small ones, so I'll try them on my next one.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Very sweet Ladybug. I admit I fell down the rabbit hole searching information and photos of Ladybirds aka Ladybugs. The antennas are most always shown however they will be tricky to execute I would think. I do like the idea of a slightly larger black bead for her spots. Decisions…decisions…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I went back to look at my reference photos. Of course, they have antennae. What was I thinking? (I even drew them. face palm) I'll be playing with that to figure something out. I'm going to work on the spots, too. Thanks for your feedback. It's always appreciated.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. She is just too beautiful.
    I love her.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shirley. She's a quick little project, too! I like that part.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna