March 2, 2024

Tag Update...

Pardon me for the tardiness and brevity of today's post. I'm more than a little frazzled today. I slept in the living room last night with Tag, and although he had me up a couple times (and our nice, comfy sectional is not my bed) I do have mixed good news for everyone. 

I took this picture of Tag this morning on our front lawn as he just sat looking at me. He'd only moved a bit from where I placed him because he came to the spoonful of peanut butter and meds I was offering him. TMI, perhaps...he pooped, but no urine since Thursday night. I've been concerned about that. 

So here's today's update as of about 10:30 this morning that I posted on "FaceBark"...

"What a Corgi won't do for food!! He doesn't have any use of his back legs right now, but we're managing his pain with rimadyl and a combo of Robaxin & methocarbamol. He's had bowel movements, but no urine since Thursday night. I took him out this morning and...nothin'. Came time for his breakfast. I had him on a rug in the living room, but his mealtime task as "supervisor for adequate portions" could not be conducted from there. He dragged himself to the kitchen and then tried to kennel himself to eat (usual routine. Meals in crates.). I put down a waterproof rug and put him on it so he could eat. Must have hit the spot, because he hosed down the rug while he wolfed down his breakfast. Now, we're both feeling better. He has another vet appointment on Monday. X-rays on the agenda to see if we can determine if there's anything else going on with him. Thanks for all your comments and prayers. Please keep 'em coming for my beautiful boy."

We'll be hanging out with the critters today. Both Bella and Carly are paying extra attention to Tag, and Bella keeps licking his face. They're concerned, too. I want to stay close to him in case he needs me/us. I'll keep posting updates on my personal Facebook page through the weekend, and will let him give you the vet updates on Tuesday. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend. The weather is going to be perfect for Tag (and all of us) to catch some warm sunshine. As I said above, thanks for all your prayers and good thoughts. We know they're heard. xoxo

17 comments:

  1. Oh...get well soon, Tag. 🐶

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry of createology: My prayers are sent special for you Tag and Mom. Lots of love is included. Healing Energy also. I shall be awaiting your updates. Blessings My Sweet Tag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sherry. Each prayer is deeply appreciated.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sending good thoughts and prayers for sweet Tag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely sending good thoughts to Tag - and to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for Tag! Andrea Hickman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Tag great job on the Pee & Poop, never TMI if you are a creature lover.
    Sending good thoughts and prayers for the Vet to find a cause and solution quickly.
    And sending you and Tag lots of prayers. You are both in my thoughts.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Shirley. It's been a bit nerve wracking around here of late.
      Prayers appreciated.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  7. Mixed news for sure but seems like he's going toward the right direction? Thankfully he's eating and all the rest. I'll thinking of him and all of you - take good care and know that you're in thoughts during this difficult time. Poor little guy - hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dear Jillayne:
      Corgis are so food focused, I believe he'd eat right up until his heart stops. Not sure about his "direction" right now. He's dragging himself around by his front legs, but he doesn't seem to be in pain and that's a plus. (Yay, meds!) I can say that it's no fun for him or us right now. The "us" we can set aside. It's his state that comes first. We should know more tomorrow. He'll update on Tuesday. Thanks so much!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  8. Prayers for all, especially sweet Tag.
    Take care.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, dear Marilyn. I appreciate that so much.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna