March 6, 2024

My Current Work In Progress...

I began this new froggy on Saturday and then everything went in a different direction. I planned to work on it again Monday night while Handsome was at rehearsal, but there was something in my eyes and it was too blurry for me to work. I know you understand my meaning here. 

I'm going to be working on this one again today after I clean up my sty of a studio and office. I've been neglecting them lately and it's time to put on my big girl panties and stop procrastinating. Once I've done that, I'll sit down with my needle and threads again.

Thank you to everyone who left a comment for me here and on Facebook. I've read each loving, considerate, comforting word you've written and promise to answer each one by the end of the week. You understand that it's difficult for me as this grief is still new. It will get easier with each passing day, and then I'll be able to respond thoughtfully - and hopefully, without blubbering all over my computer keyboard. Please just know how much your outpouring of support has meant to me and Handsome. 

So, for now, I'll deal with these feelings by purging, cleaning, and organizing (again) in my studio. It's how I've always been under such conditions. I'll try not to make all of this weeks posts "Debbie downers", and look forward to sharing more completed projects soon. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I'm being gentle with myself, and needlework has always been my refuge, when I'm not leaning on family. I need to give them a break, too. Thanks again. Really.

6 comments:

  1. Mr. Froggy is coming along nicely.
    Keeping busy will help.
    We all understand Donna.
    Take care.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I had the option to not go to my job yesterday. I chose to work. It was the best thing for me as it kept my mind busy. When I'm not, my mind wanders to my boy and I start crying again. I woke up missing him again, and it's so hard. Thank you for understanding, my friend.
      Much love,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Cleaning is good busywork to keep your mind active and I completely understand. The froggies will wait until you're ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Exactly. If my current mindset is a gauge, I should get loads done today! Perhaps I'll stitch later today, but I'll definitely get some long awaited purging accomplished. I'll be working like a mad woman. Thanks again, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Donna you are amazing and I love you friend. I should be cleaning and organizing my creative space however I instead got some sort of Infectious Colitis on Valentine’s. Today I had a Colonoscopy to be certain there is nothing terribly wrong. Just a minor nuisance. TMI for sure. Thank you for letting me share. Enjoy your needle dancing dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry, dear.
      I had cholitis before I married Handsome, and it's no fun at all! And, in the TMI department, I'll be doing my "prep" on Monday for my 10 year "roto-rooter" procedure on Tuesday. (Yippee. Not). I'm glad you'll be okay, because my heart couldn't weather much more sad news right now. I did manage to get a lot accomplished yesterday, and plan to do more today. I'll be dancing for sure, my friend. Hope your "troubles" go away soon.
      Gentle hugs.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna