March 9, 2024

Finality and Time For Something Fun...

 

Tag's remains came home late yesterday. The clinic and crematorium sent along wonderful memories for us, too. In addition to the beautiful box containing his ashes, we received a certificate, his paw print in ink and in plaster, a lock of his fur, and a bone of handmade paper embedded with wildflower seeds to plant in the spring. I was sad for a minute when I first saw everything, but these are the building blocks of the memorial to my beautiful boy and all our great memories of him. 

I'll start concentrating on all the fun things we did, the times he made us laugh, the times he scared the pants off me when he ran off, watching him swim or retrieve, and all the times he just sat and looked in my eyes as I spoke to him. There's too much good to sit around crying for what was. Instead I'll celebrate my boy and try to be happy. I'm sharing this with you so you can see how much care our vet clinic and the crematorium took with him - and with us.

I'm leaving first thing this morning for Portage for this month's craft day at Adrienne's. It's earlier than usual this month, because our friend who is teaching this time couldn't make it later in the month. My understanding is that we're doing something Easter-themed. You just know I'll have photos for your on Monday!

I'm going to run. It's an hour and fifteen minutes to Adrienne's from here and I don't want to be late. We had rain all evening yesterday, which has turned into winds for the rest of the weekend. I don't want to feel rushed in traffic, so I'm taking extra time for the drive. I'll see you with more after the weekend.

9 comments:

  1. What great memories of Tag. ((((((HUGS))))))
    Sounds like s fun day, glad you are going.
    Can't wait to see what you craft.
    Have a safe trip.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks, dear. We really had fun on Saturday. I can't wait to share!
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. What wonderful memories of Tag - obviously a very thoughtful group of people.
    Have a safe trip - and above all, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear MA:
      They really are. Weather was perfect for a drive to Portage, and we had a great time learning something new. Can't wait to show you on Monday.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. What a lovely array of very special mementos! That is a genuine display of kindness from people who truly understand what you are experiencing! Enjoy your craft day with friends...creating is truly a balm to the soul! (And goodness, how much more so than when your focus is on Easter - the greatest celebration of what the Great Creator did for us! ❤) -Lois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lois:
      Such a bittersweet moment seeing these things when I got home. He's back with me, and forever in my heart. The folks at the clinic were really wonderful. You're right...focus on Easter and the promises it brings. All will be well. Thank you for the reminder, my friend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Your boy was in excellent hands for his crossing the Rainbow Bridge. Safe travels today dear. I look forward to seeing what you create for Easter. Love and Hugs…XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      You're so right, dear. It was a great day to drive. Sunshine and a slight chill. We had a wonderful morning together, and a little surprise when I got home. I'll explain tomorrow.
      Love and Hugs, to you, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Oh Donna my heart goes out to you. Your vet did do a wonderful job. We too had our GSD's cremated and their boxes are in a special place in our home. Like to think that those sweeties are God's gift of sending us love while we are here on earth. Perhaps they are angels on four paws. I will miss my Tuesday's with Tag. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna