March 26, 2024

Home Again...

D. Morgan "Home Again" Cross Stitch (Leisure Arts)

He's safely back home and all is right in my world again. I tried (unsuccessfully) to capture a good photo of this piece, which hangs in our back hall.  It's a perfect piece to place where we see it during each of our comings and goings.

The verse reads: "I hear your footsteps down the hall. You are home again...and safe. All the burdens of the day are softened, and all the night noises are music to my ears."

I guess I wrote about this back in 2015. I didn't get a very good photo of it then, either. You can see that post HERE.

I took this photograph of the girls to send to Handsome while he was in Florida. I also shared it to my facebook page. My stepsister saw it and commented that she saw the "heart" on the gravel between the girls and said, "I see a heart from Tag between Bella and Carly". Once she said that, I noticed it, too. She said she also saw his shape lying in the snow behind them.

Needless to say, it made me smile (with a tear in my eye). I like the thought that he left a little love note for us when we were taking this picture. The heart is where he usually would have sat during our photo sessions of the trio.

I'll be at work today until four, so Handsome will spend the day here with the ladies. My plan is to finish my first ladybug when I get home. Sherry was right in her comment about my post yesterday. Of course, they have little antennae, so I'll figure out a way to add them to mine at the end. We'll see what I can come up with, and I'll be sure to share when the first one is done!

See you tomorrow!

10 comments:

  1. I love the sentiment expressed in that sampler... it warms my heart! As does the little snow heart in the photo...now isn't that something?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Isn't it a sweet needlework piece? The heart. My boy. sniffle I agree. It sure was something, and if it hadn't been for my stepsister, I would have missed it. I must learn to pay better attention.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. D. Morgan had some very nice designs, I love the way she put verses around the deign, so unique.
    The girls are so pretty, YES, I see the heart too!
    That little Ladybug is going to be so cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I agree. The verse around the piece is unique, and I really love the words in this one. As I said to Lois, I must pay closer attention so I see the signs that my boy has visited. I sure do miss him. Thanks about the ladybug. I have ideas for changes, but I love how my first one will turn out.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. So glad that Handsome is home again and safe.
    And I'm quite sure that Tag is in that heart. Keep your eyes peeled and I'll bet you'll see more of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I am, too. Things just aren't the same when he's away. I'd like to think that Tag is in that heart, too. I hope so, dear. I miss him terribly.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post today. Thank you. Charlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Charlene:
      You're in my prayers for Wednesday. I'll look forward to hearing from you as soon as you're up to it.
      Much love and good thoughts,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely post.
    The girls are beautiful and they left space between them for Tag to fit in.
    Glad that Handsome got back home safely.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thank you, dear. We were blessed with a beautiful mama who gave us that pretty daughter, for sure. Seeing the heart (once it was pointed out to me) made me miss him. I still look for him to greet me at the door. dang! I miss that boy. Thank you about Handsome, too. I was so happy to see him walk through the door at the airport.
      Hope you have a great day!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna