March 16, 2024

Class Day...

Today, I begin my morning with a Facebook live class that I'm teaching. At 10:30, I'll share the techniques for dyeing the plastic eggs we did last weekend. I'm looking forward to showing others how simple and fun this technique is.

This afternoon, I'm taking a new class with Clara of Clara Stitching. This class is the Northern Mockingbird Brooch. I pulled this image off her website so I could show you what we're learning. You know me...rather than complete it as a brooch, I'm going to finish this one the same way we did the Blue Tit - as a hanging ornament. That way, I can display it next to the other bird in my studio. 

You can see from Clara's drawing that this bird is waiting for its legs and feet, and then it will be beautifully finished.

I'm planning to just take notes today, but will begin the work on it soon. I have a few other important pieces in line ahead of it, and this will be a two-session course. The second session is next weekend, so I'll try to get something done before then.

It's going to be a busy day, and I still have final setup to get done before the class I'm teaching begins, so I'd better head to the studio. I hope you have something fun planned for this weekend! We can compare notes on Monday. Happy Weekend!

10 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the video, although I haven't gotten anywhere yet to get the supplies.
    I will do that next week as I have a dental appointment that is close to a Hobby Lobby.
    Oh, that bird will be amazing!
    Can't wait to see yours.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks for joining the egg dyeing party yesterday! Be sure to let me know when you've had a chance to make a few for yourself. The bird is going to be fun!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. oooh - that bird is adorable!!! I can see why you signed up for the class. And...good luck with your class too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Isn't it beautiful? I hope I do it justice! My class was fun, even with a couple glitches. The next time will be better (fingers crossed).
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: This little bird will be precious in your beading beauty. I’m looking forward to your Alcohol Easter Eggs live video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Glad you joined the egg decorating party! I can't wait to start my mockingbird! The first class session was lots of fun.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Oh, those beautiful beaded birds will always get my applause! I love the beauty of birds and greatly appreciate how people use their artistic abilities and assorted mediums to portray them. Will look forward to your completed work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, dear Lois:
      I can't wait to get started on this one. Rather than finish it as a brooch, I'm going to finish it as a hanging ornament, like the last one I did. I'll share progress photos soon.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Sherry of createology: Donna Dear your live video was such fun. I enjoyed hearing your voice. The Easter eggs turned out gorgeous. There were no mistakes…just keep adding alcohol inks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      So glad you were there. You're so sweet! You're right, too. No mistakes. Just keep playing with them. I'm going to finish up that dozen Sunday afternoon to add to our Easter/spring tablescape.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna