March 14, 2024

Counting Sheep...

Two More Sheep.

Someone asked me how many French knots I stitch to create each of my little sheep. Well, yesterday I counted, and I can now tell you that there are at least 130 (sometimes more) in each one.

The pendant measures approximately 1 1/2" x 1 1/4", and the sheep measure roughly 3/4" x 1/4", so that's a lot of knots fit into a small space.

These will be finished into their pendants today, and the necklaces will be listed in my shop this afternoon. (I have a hair appointment at 10 this morning, so they'll have to wait until I get back home.) So, if you're a knitter, love wools, love sheep, or even have a herding dog like Tag's breed, you may like wearing one of these.

Oh, and next week, I'm going to debut more items that will be labeled "For The Love of a Corgi". Every time I tell you they're in this category, a portion of the sale will be donated in Tag's name to CorgiAid. It's a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to helping corgis and corgi mixes get the medical care they need, and also providing carts to corgis with mobility issues. If you'd like to learn more about CorgiAid, HERE is a link to their website.

Watch for the sheep to land in my shop this afternoon. I'd love to send these two to new homes and will definitely make more in the coming weeks. They're for a good cause.

3 comments:

  1. They are so cute!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to know how many French knots go into making a sheep. I decided that I'd keep track of the hours I put into embroidering the current landscape - so far 15 and counting. And then people criticize me for wanting the price I do for them...would like to see some of them work for mere pennies an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry of createology: I am not surprised by the number of French Knots in each tiny little sheep. What a wonderful organization to support in Tags name. All of your creations are so wonderfully hand crafted dear. Creative Bliss…

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna