March 28, 2024

Thinking About My Boy....

I got home from work yesterday to find an email from our friend and dog trainer extraordinaire, Mike Sommers. Handsome had spoken with him while in Florida last week and told him about Tag. The email expressed his and his wife's condolences for Tag's passing. He included this image that hangs framed in his kennel building. He said he'd never forget my boy.

I vividly remember the day this photograph was taken at the training property Mike owned. I took lots of pictures, as this was our mid-training appointment to see how Tag was doing with the program. As always, he loved running with the big dogs. When his training was over about a month later, I remember Mike's surprise when I told him Tag was only eight months old. He thought he was at least a year old.

I went back into my computer and pulled up the rest of the photos I'd stored from that day and thought I'd share a few more with you. So, without more words, I present Mike, Tag and the Labradors (all in training)...




Those are some happy memories.

16 comments:

  1. What great pictures & memories of Tag.
    Take care.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      So many photos...so many more memories.
      Thank you, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. wonderful photos of Tag - such a sweet puppie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suz:
      Thanks so much. I have memories to last a lifetime.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Those pictures (and others I'm sure) will give you solace. Tag was certainly outnumbered but it sure looks as though he was holding his own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I sure hope so. They still bring tears, and I know they will for a while, but I can smile while I cry for now. He loved being with big dogs. He never thought of himself as little. Never.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. It looks like he was trying to show off for Mom! What a good smart boy! He is missed. -- Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy:
      He was more trying to please Michael. He was having so much fun in training that he hardly looked at me. He was sometimes too smart for his own good. lol Greatly missed, indeed.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Sherry of createology: Such a wonderful photo Mike sent you. God how I miss Tag. Blessings dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I had originally sent it to him. If you look carefully, you can see a glass reflection. He liked the photo so much that he framed it and hung it in his kennels. Warmed my heart. You're not alone in missing him, dear. My heart still aches to see him running in the yard. Thank you, hon.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Awe thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures. Tag sure knew what he was doing with the big dogs. I sure miss Tuesday with Tag. He always had so many nice things to share with us. Hugs for you and thanks again for sharing. SandyO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy:
      I'd happily share photos every day, but it's so hard for me, and I know equally difficult for all his "fans". I miss his "voice" in his Tuesday posts. I miss his frito feet. I miss his everything. Dang it. I'm in tears again. I'll stop now. sniffle
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi Terri:
      Thanks so much. He loved his training weeks, for sure. "Runnin' with the big dogs."
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  8. Talk about running with the big dogs and he did a great job of it.
    Great photos.
    Nothing like a fluffy Corgi butt.
    I really miss him.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Honey, I sure miss him, too. We only have black dog fur to sweep up around here now. He had the cutest butt, for sure...not to mention those ears! Thanks for lovin' my boy as much as I know you did.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna