December 1, 2023

Stemmed...

 
Sometimes life - or end of life - gets in the way of less important things. I managed to get the stem attached to my Autumn Strawberry, but that's about all I accomplished in the studio. I regret that I didn't get daylight photographs taken, so I'll do that this morning and then I can get this listed in my Etsy shop.
 
My sister's funeral is tomorrow. My two remaining sisters - Di and Jan - will be here today so we can put together photo boards for the visitation. There was also a request from Lyn's daughters that the aunties make our family recipe for hot cocoa mix to serve along with coffee and water. Di is making some lovely hibiscus-flavored water, as well as another that I've managed to forget. Lemons and something else, I think. So, after we've completed the photo boards, we'll move downstairs to the kitchen and mix up a big batch of hot cocoa mix.

One of my ex-brothers-in-law (there are, unfortunately, more than a couple among my siblings) works in graphic and digital design. He agreed to remove and replace a background from an image of Lyn that the girls wanted enlarged. After we arranged that and got the revised image, I ordered a 16" x 20" print to be made to place next to her urn in the church. I'm going to pick it up later today, after Di and Jan drive back to town to be with our nieces.

It's likely to be a busy and emotional few days. Prayers would be appreciated as we formally say goodbye - for now - to my sister. Thanks so much.

Welcome, December.

 

7 comments:

  1. Sending you and your family support and strength to get through this time. Lean on each other and of course on God who will see you through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Donna, Thinking of you and your family and praying for all of you during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts are with you and your family Donna....much love as always. Laura Dowdall. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been on my mind all week.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry of createology: Yes dear this will be a very emotional time for you and your family. Prayers are with you. May you have strength to say goodbye to your sister and memories to help you find peace and comfort. I’ll be thinking of you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know your pain as I lost my sister about 12 years ago at the age of 48. Prayers for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna