December 18, 2023

Sunday With Friends...

Yesterday was Linda's family's Christmas party. Adrienne and Joe were hosts and all the brothers, sisters, in-laws, kiddos, and I were in attendance. Everyone brought a dish for the buffet, and no one left hungry. One of Marie's sons played his guitar and sang, football games were on televisions in two rooms for the guys, and the ladies mostly sat in the kitchen and caught up. It was just what I needed.

Before I left, we took the annual photograph of my best friend since I first met her in 1976 (Linda); her daughter, Marie; Marie's daughter, Adrienne; and Adrienne's daughter, Belle, and then me. How I love that we're able to chronicle our friendship each year (again) since Handsome and I returned to Wisconsin. I really missed Linda, and she tells me whenever we're together how much she loves that we spend our monthly craft days (and more) together. I am, too.

It was a truly wonderful Sunday to spend with beloved friends. Thankfully, the weather cooperated for my travel - considering it's about an hour and a half each way, -and I was back home and settled in just after dark. Another Portage Christmas party on the books for now. Ho. Ho. Ho!

8 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful time with good friends.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      It sure was. I look forward to their annual parties. I really love these people.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Those smiles certainly tell it all! So glad the weather cooperated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      The weather completely turned today. High winds and much colder. The barn girls are taking advantage of my winter preparations today. They love the dresser accommodations, especially since I added a small lamp for added warmth.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: An Annual Christmas get together with dear friends…Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful day. And the photos show it.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna