December 5, 2023

Tuesdays With Tag - Dog Tired...

Hi, Everybody!

Hey! You're all lookin' good this week. All those smilin' faces lookin' back at me, really makes my day week. You know what's mostly been goin' on around here with Mom, so I don't have to do a recap of that today.

What I will tell you is that The Girls, The Barn Ladies, and I have been workin' overtime to keep Mom's spirits up. The hard part for us was that we spent more time in crates than usual while Mom and Dad were busy doin' important stuff. Don't worry. It didn't kill us or anythin', but poor Carly almost started runnin' mini laps in her crate, because there wasn't time to run her brains out in the yard when our people were away. Two crated days in a row is unusual, so it's not gonna happen again for a while. YAY!

We're slowly gettin' back to normal around here, and we're happy about that. We had an electrician here yesterday which was great! We got to watch him workin' in the kitchen, and interject our comments from time to time from the comfort of our kennels. He mostly laughed at us, 'cuz he thought we're cute. I guess we have to settle for that because Mom says actin' fierce is not allowed. ho hum

We're thinkin' that Mom is gonna get a little Christmas tree for this year. She says it would be easier for her to take down and store once Dad leaves for Florida. We just hope she gets after it soon, because we do like Christmas trees.

So while Mom thinks about it, we're hangin' out on the sofa and catchin' up on our "zzzzzzzzzzz's". Believe me, we're not the only ones. Mom (mostly) is stealin' a practice nap here and there, too. I've promised to stand guard while she does, so nobody bothers her while she plays Snow White. I'll be her Prince Charmin'...except for the kissin' part. I'll just snuggle with her instead. Speakin' of which, I'd better get back to my post. I'm sure my services will be needed shortly. (no pun intended)

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 
"Be A Good Dog." 

12 comments:

  1. Good boy Tag.
    Mom needs her rest right now.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      We all agree. We're doin' our best to pamper her.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. I know you'll take good care of your mom, Tag. She needs you snuggles right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Mary:
      We're givin' her so many snuggles, she's almost as furry as we are! lol
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. Good for you Tag, for keeping Mom company while she rests.
    We just got a new tree over the weekend too - much smaller and easier to store. We can't have a real tree in our apartment complex so it has to be artificial. Our ancient tree was at the point where all the lights were burned out and it shed all over the place so it was past time. Smaller tree equals downsizing our over-abundance of ornaments too so the RC and I went through them all and if we didn't both love an ornament, it's gone, hopefully to bless someone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      I overheard Mom talkin' about just the same thing. There are people who might like all our surplus ornaments. A smaller tree would definitely be nicer for us to deal with, too.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

  4. A nap guard dog is beyond adorable! Great post Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Salty!
      Thanks. I do my best to constantly be adorable. Dad said sometimes I fail miserably. hee hee
      Happy Holidays from our house to yours.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  5. Sherry of createology: Tag last week was definitely unusually difficult for everybody. You are so sweet to guard Mom as she rests and catches up on refueling her inner battery. Enjoy the new smaller Christmas tree and the decorating of it. Good thing the Barn Ladies aren’t in the house during this time…they would be jumping into the tree and knocking it over or at least spanking baubles onto the floor. You wouldn’t do that. Happy week my Little Corgi Cutie…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      I'm sure that cats battin' ornaments never crossed Mom's mind. That would be disastrous. They keep tryin' to come in at night right now, by the way. Mom keeps walkin' them back to the barn, but they're not too excited about that since they reaaally love sleepin' on the bed. yikes!
      Smooches!!
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  6. Tag you keep every bodies spirits up just by being you.
    Looking forward to your report on the Christmas Tree.
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Shirley:
      Must be my short legs, right? Hopin' to have a tree report by next week. I hope you have the best week ever, too.
      Big Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna