December 28, 2023

Tuesdays (ahem) Thursday With Tag - Yes. I'm Still Here...

 
Well, there you are!
 
Terribly sorry I wasn't here on Tuesday. Take it up with the "boss of the blog" when you get a chance. She forgot to turn on the computer so I could put up my post on my day. She actually startled the dickens out of me when she came runnin' into the livin' room all apologetic and all for just plum forgetin' me. Nice. Real nice.
 
She goes about her daily business, occasionally stoppin' to pet me or some tiny show of affection, but when it comes to rememberin' the big stuff - well, a guy has to wonder where she keeps her head sometimes. Don't worry. I'm not gonna make you guess.
 
She did tell me that she's gonna make another appointment for me to see Miss Joy for a heavy groomin'. This weather has my coat all screwed up. I mean, just look how blurry I am in these pictures. That's not camera movement. That's the lens havin' a hard time knowin' where to focus! Mom's no fan of Corgi shavin', but she said I look like a sheep overdue for a shearin'. Yikes! Bald is definitely on my agenda.
 
We all had a nice Christmas together, and Mom even gave us my favorite Kitty Litter Bites again. She's gonna have to make another batch for our other dogs, (Grandson's dog) Hudson and (Granddaughters' dog) Lulu. The three of us here are enjoyin' the heck out of 'em. 

Mom was gone for quite a while yesterday, 'cuz she spent the day paintin', but the nice part was that when she got back home, we all piled into Dad's truck and went for dinner. The paintin' pooped her out, so she didn't even want to think about cookin'.

We didn't mind either, I mean - truck ride! There are usually a few leftover schnibbles for snacks for us, too, which is bonus.

So anyway, I don't have any news or anythin', but I really just wanted to say goodbye before the end of the year. Next time we see each other, it will be a new year! 2024 is just around the corner. Are ya ready for it? We are!!!

I'll see you again next Tuesday. 'til then... 
Smooches!

12 comments:

  1. Don't be too hard on Mom, Tag, she takes very good care of all of you.
    She just gets busy sometimes.
    I hope your grooming goes well.
    Happy New Year Tag!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn-
      I can't really give her a hard time when she gives me treats and stuff. I just like to spout off once in a while to keep her on her toes. I'm not a fan of groomin', but in this case, I think I'm gonna feel like a real load's been lifted.
      Happy New Year!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. I'm sure Mom was dealing with all the end of the year stuff that hooomans have to do so I guess she can be forgiven for forgetting. Maybe, just maybe, if you play your cards right, she might just forget your visit to Miss Joy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      Yep. She's been up to her tail in tasks these days. She told me the kitchen is gonna get torn up next week. I told her as long as our meals are on time, I don't care! I'm figurin' the only way she'll bypass the groomin' is if she's up to her ears in remodelin'. Paws crossed!
      Happy New Year!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. Well, Tag, even with all your current crazy fuzz, I must say that you were the only one on the Christmas card with a very stoic, dignified look. Everyone else either had a warm, friendly smile...or their tongues were just hanging right out of their face...😆 You can take pride in that 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Lois:
      You noticed that, did you? Yep. Mom tells Carly when her tongue is hangin' out, to stick her boiled ham back in her face. (Dad told her that's what his mom used to say to their Golden when he was a kid.) I like it! Yep. I'm the dignified one. BAHAHAHAHA!
      Happy New Year!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  4. Happy Grooming Tag!
    That is so funny, a bald dog is not a pretty image.
    Blog Boss, please get your rest between painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Salty:
      I think if I were relieved of my fur I'd plum freeze! I'm so used to my double coat, that it wouldn't be pretty. That's for sure. I think I'll just get rid of the "sheepy" stuff and keep the rest. Mom got all the paintin' done. She finished up with about an hour and a half more today. I heard her tellin' Dad that we're gonna be without a sink from Jan. 4-16! She said she's gonna put together a bunch of "heat and eat" meals this weekend so they can eat at home without havin' to worry about dishes. They'll be using paper plates. Dad calls that the "good china". hee hee. Anyway, she's real happy that the paintin' is done (for now).
      Happy New Year!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  5. Sherry of createology: Hoomans…what’s a Corgi to do?!! I am glad to see 2023 go bye-bye! I do pray for a much better 2024 for our World. As for becoming bald I don’t think that will ever happen to you Tag. Or to me as my hair is over a yard long. I need to get an appointment with Joy for a grooming. LOL Smooches My Little Corgi Cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      We're glad to see it go, too, even though Mom says she doesn't even know where the time went this year. You're right. I don't wanna be bald either. Over a yard long? How do you sit down? Does somebody carry it for you? Do you keep it in your purse? I thought mine was long. I'm an amateur next to you! Actually, I bet it's beautiful...just like you.
      Happy New Year!
      Big Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  6. Oh Tag, I'm so glad that this was just a scheduling glitch.
    I was worried that maybe you were off on one of your unsupervised walkabouts and got into
    Santa's sleigh and was headed further North.
    Nice to hear that your Christmas is extended, truck ride and schnibbles, yippee.
    See you next year sweetie.
    Smooches.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Shirley:
      Yep. Blame Mom. I'd be happy to take a romp in the north field, but Mom and Dad keep a pretty tight leash on me. Somethin' about me losin' my way and forgettin' where home is. I don't know what they mean, but they take good care of me, so I just roll with it. Besides, I don't know what kind of schnibbles Santa has. They might be peppermint or somethin' I don't like! I'll stick with what I know instead.
      Happy New Year!!
      Big Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna