December 30, 2023

I Promised Recipes Today...

 
I promised I'd share more recipes today, so here they are... 
 
EASY MAPLE NUT FUDGE
 
3 cups white chocolate chips
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp maple extract
1-1/4 c chopped nuts
pinch of sea salt *
            1. Spray an 8" x 8" pan with non-stick spray. I just lined my pan with parchment paper.
            2. In a saucepan over low heat, melt white chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk.
            3. Remove from heat. Stir in maple extract and nuts. (I used pecans or hickory nuts  in mine,
                but use whatever you like. I bet cashews would be tasty, too!)
            4. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle with more nuts and a pinch of sea salt (if desired)
                and gently press into the fudge.
            5. Refrigerate for at least two hours. Lift parchment with fudge out of pan and cut into desired size.
Enjoy! 


 
HOMEMADE BROWNIE MIX 

                        Ingredients:
                        3 c flour
                        6 c sugar
                        2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
                        2 t. sea salt
                        2 t. baking powder

                        Directions:
                        Preheat oven to 350º F. and grease an 8" x 8" or 9" x 9" baking pan.
 
                        Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container in a cool, dark location
                        (pantry).

                        To Make Brownies:
                        In a large bowl, mix 2 1/4 c. brownie mix with 1/2 c melted butter, 2 eggs and 1 tsp of 
                        vanilla extract. Mix until batter is smooth. You can add chips, peanut butter or nuts at this
                        point, if you'd like.
                        Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on your oven),
                        or until toothpick comes out clean.
 
    Enjoy! 
 
 
BULK MUFFIN MIX
 
4 1/2 c. a/p flour
2 1/4 c. granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. baking powder
3/4 t. salt
 
Mix well and store in an airtight container.
 
When you're ready to make muffins, measure 2-1/2 c. mix, 1/3 c. melted butter or oil, 3/4 c. milk, 1 egg, and 1-1/2 c. of your favorite berries. Blend all ingredients together and spoon into greased muffin tins 
(or muffin papers). Bake at 375º for 25 minutes or until fully baked and lightly browned. Enjoy!!

If you want to package the brownie mix in individual batches like I did (2 1/4 cup of mix per jar), 
click on my original blog post for the link to the jars I used. Just click HERE to go to that post.
 
 
LIKE "JIFFY" CORNBREAD MIX
 
For each batch of cornbread mix:
2/3 c. a/p flour
1/2 c. yellow cornmeal
3 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
 
Mix together and store in pint size jars in a cool, dry place.
 
If you're making cornbread or corn muffins, add:
2 Tbsp oil, 1/3 c. milk and 1 egg
Blend until just mixed. Don't overmix.
Bake at 350º until golden brown and toothpick comes clean.
Enjoy!
 
 
HOT COCOA MIX

1 20 oz box of Instant Milk
1 2# box of Nestles Quick Mix
1 16 oz. jar of Coffee Creamer 
2 1/2 c. Powdered Sugar
1 - 1/2 c. Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa

Mix well and store in an airtight container.
Note: I always add about a cup more coffee creamer to make it creamier.
To make cocoa, boil hot water (or milk) and add 3 heaping tablespoons per mug.

I packaged my gifts into wide mouth quart size jars, adding mini marshmallows 
either into the mix or on top of it once I had the mix in the jars.

                   
 
Herb Cheese Spread
 Yield: about  1 1/2 c. spread
(This tastes almost identical to Alouette™ Herb Cheese Spread)

1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. butter, softened
1-1/2 Tbsp. milk
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. ground savory
1/8 tsp ground oregano
1/8 tsp dried dill weed
1/8 tsp. dried basil leaves
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
 
                            In a small gowl, beat all ingredients with an electric mixer until well blended. 
                            Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Can add a bit more to make it 
                            creamier, or let it sit out for a few minutes before serving to allow it to soften.
                            Serve with crackers, vegetables, or even over hot pasta.

Enjoy!

                    

On the left are the goldfish crackers I made. I'm not going to share the recipe for those at this time, because I'm not happy with the texture after a day or so. They're not very crispy at all, so I'm going to play with the technique a bit before I share (or write off the recipe).

The Kitty Litter Bites were simple this time. I put about 2 c. of quick Quaker Oatmeal into a food processor and ground it into a flour consistency. Then I mixed that with enough unsweetened applesauce for the mixture to hold together. I added a little more oatmeal just to give them more texture. Drop by small spoonfuls onto parchment paper and bake at 300º until crispy brown, but not burned. If they're too moist, they'll mold in the container. You want to make sure they're completely dry when you take them out of the oven. The dogs will love them! 

Hope you'll add these recipes to your arsenal for year round gift-giving occasions. I made the brownie, muffin, and cornbread mixed to stock my own pantry, too, rather than buy prepackaged mixes with all the "extra" additives. Fresher always tastes better, and I don't have to run out to the store when I want to make those things.  

Whew! That was a lot. I hope you'll try a recipe or two and let me know what you think. See you again tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the recipes Donna.
    I will try some of those soon.
    Relax today & do something for you!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm - there are a couple I'm anxious to try and will definitely put them in my 'Christmas file' for giving next year. I love giving mixes because they're easy and quick to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps... if you're interested, here's the recipe/mix I made for giving in quart canning jars this year...
    Vegetarian Chili In A Jar
    - enough mixed dried beans (any of your choice) to nearly fill the jar
    - then make up a little packet of the following: 3/4 tsp. EACH of black pepper, paprika and dry mustard; 1 T. deydrated onions; 1 1/2 tsp. EACH sea salt and oregano; 2 T. garlic powder; 1/4 tsp. rosemary; 2 or 3 bay leaves; 1 vegetable bouillon cube.
    - DIRECTIONS: Rinse beans & cover with 1" of water. Bring to boil over high heat and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, cover and soak for one hour. Drain and rinse. Add spice packet and a 14 oz. can tomatoes and 6 c. of water. Bring to boil, reduce heat & simmer for 2 hours until beans are tender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks so much! I'll definitely try it. I love gifting food.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the recipes! At least one will be happening today! Andrea Hickman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea:
      Can't wait to hear your feedback! Enjoy, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Ooohhh, thank you for sharing! Easy Maple Nut Fudge....Yummm, I almost wanted to lick the screen 😆

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the recipes.
    They all look great, but I zeroed in on the cornbread.
    Enjoy the weekend and the anticipation of the cabinets arriving soon.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Cornbread is one of my favorites, too! Especially if I spread home-mixed dairy butter with farm fresh honey while still warm. mmmmmm
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna