December 29, 2023

Number Thirty Nine...

 
Every year for one day, I can (figuratively) don my wedding gown to commemorate our wedding anniversary. We looked so young! Actually I had just turned thirty and Handsome would turn 41 the following week.

We were married in the home we bought the year before, and after exchanging our vows, we took photographs and then went to the other side of town to share a meal with the twenty eight people who had been at the ceremony. 
 
About an hour later, the jazz band we hired came in and set up to entertain us and two hundred fifty of our dear friends and family. We had a ball, and we were the very last two people to leave the venue, having said goodnight to each of our guests as they left. It was a party that still brings smiles to our faces all these years later.
 
Two days later, we boarded a plane for two weeks' honeymoon in Grand Cayman, British West Indies. It was a perfect getaway, but about ten days in, we were missing our Labrador (Morgan 1), and Handsome's boys. At the end of our two weeks, we came home, tan and rested - ready to begin our life together as husband and wife. 
 

For better or worse; in sickness and in health; in sadness and joy...we have kept our word to be together through it all. My dress hasn't fit me for a long time, but Handsome has been the best decision I ever made. He's my perfect fit. We really are soul mates.

We're looking forward to a special dinner tonight, and we'll revisit some sweet, old memories as we make new ones. I'm so glad you're here to share in our celebration.

18 comments:

  1. Happy Anniverysary!
    You both look as beautiful as you did on your wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!
    You were/are a beautiful bride, and Handsome, well, he's handsome!
    I hope you enjoy your day!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful couple - then and now! Happy Anniversary and here's to many more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! Glad you found your perfect one. Enjoy your day. Andrea Hickman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea:
      I sure did, hon. It's not always easy. I can be a bear sometimes, and so can he, but we work hard to make it work, and man, it's so worth it. Thanks so much.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Happy anniversary! -- Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry of createology: Very Happy Anniversary to you both. May you continue to have many more wonderful years together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! And many more.
    Such a beautiful post.
    Both pics are great.
    Enjoy your special dinner.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      You're so wonderfully kind. Thanks so much.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna