December 15, 2023

Yup. It Happened...

This was supposed to be a completed scissors fob froggie. You'll notice the cord I so carefully secured to this sparkly guy is nowhere to be seen. It seems in my careful attention to cutting around the backing for this one, for just one moment I lost track of that cording...and accidentally cut it.

It's a good thing you weren't in the studio with me. It might have changed your opinion of how sweet and ladylike I am (yeah, right!). You'll be happy to know I didn't actually curse, but a lot of naughty thoughts went through my head, and I may have stamped my feet. 

I'd secured the base of the cord - as well as the beautiful gold backing - so well that I would have destroyed all my goldwork if I'd tried to remove it to add a new cord. I was the true embodiment of crestfallen

I went to my list of future frog recipients to see if anyone else had asked for a frog just to stand in a place of prominence in a new pond, and found that there are only requests for fobs and brooches remaining, so this wee boy will be staying with me. Perhaps I'll add him to my koi pond. Perhaps I will just place him with my other goldwork creations. I haven't really decided. 

What I do know is that I'll begin a new frog to make for the person who was meant to have this one, but I won't start it until after all our Christmas projects are completed. I'd go lie down and pout, but there's no time. Lots to accomplish before I can lollygag about again. I can't wait to share the gifts I have in mind. See you tomorrow!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry that happened.
    Don't worry, you need to get those jammies done!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I guess I was meant to be concentrating on something else for a while. I'll do another frog after the first of the year. You're right...jammies to make.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Oh no - I'm sure a little bit of cussin' would have been allowed over that one. We've all done similar things though. Case in point for me on my latest landscape when I lost control of my permanent marker and it of course made its presence known by leaving an unwanted mark. Well, after all that work I wasn't about to start over so some more marks joined it and hopefully look like a flock of birds. Perhaps, when you've over the upset, a solution will come to you. If not, perhaps froggie was telling you how much he wanted to stay with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Then you know exactly what I mean. I'll have to head over to your blog to see how that project turned out! I'm sure no one will know but us! I'm actually happy to keep this little frog. It's another favorite.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful frog! I’d have probably cussed and not just in my mind. I think he definitely wants to stay with you! Andrea Hickman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea:
      Thanks. I do love this one, too. Water over the dam. On to the next thing, right?
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Oh Dear I feel your angst. DooDoo happens just when we need it least. You will be smiling as you are sewing your Grammies Jammies. I just mailed my last package today. Christmas isn’t really happening here…just some nonsense for the grown Grands and 5yo GGrand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      You're so right. I really wanted to get that one shipped out before Christmas, and now dear Clara will have to wait longer. rats. We still don't have our tree up. Hard to get in the swing when there's no snow, but then again...more snow? I'll pass for now. I want Handsome to have a good start for his trip south, and that means no rain or snow this trip. Fingers crossed.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Well I think that little frog definitely wants to spend the holidays with his good friend the Koi.
    And we have all done this in one situation or another. I've made lemonade more than once.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley: I think that's just where he's going to land. This is what happens when I get too chuffed over something - even if it's unrelated. Too proud, and then get taken down a notch. I guess it's good for my character, right? Lesson learned.
      I hope you have a great weekend, too, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna