December 27, 2023

Today I Paint...

I spoke with our carpenter yesterday and he told me that our cabinets are built and the doors have arrived! That means it's time for me to paint. He knew we'd be painting these cabinets, so he choose his wood accordingly (no oak or maple will be harmed in this process).

I've chosen "London" All-In-One Paint, which is a gray-green from Heirloom Traditions. This is the same color I chose for our cabinets in the main kitchen. This paint is awesome, and really stands up to daily use. If you're interested in checking out all their available colors and products, you can click on their company name above. (I'm not getting any compensation for mentioning or linking to them.)

Once these are installed, Handsome and I will decide whether or not I paint the lower cabinets all the way around the pantry. We'll see how the darker color affects the light and mood of the room first.

No time to waste today. I told him I'd be there by 10 am, and I have to take care of the barn girls and help with the doggers first. I promise I'll snap a few pictures while I'm working so I can give you a little peek at the cabinetry by Saturday. I'll see you tomorrow Friday!

OH, MY GOSH!!! I just realized that Tag didn't get his two-cents worth in this week. I'll make sure he gets to post tomorrow. Sorry, Tag. My bad. 

 

11 comments:

  1. Love the color.
    These are going to be so pretty!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I started painting at 10 this morning, and didn't get home until after 3. I still have one more coat, but then they're ready for install. I'm so excited. Photos of my work on Friday.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Your cabinets are going to be so pretty! I love that colour (would love to paint our living room in a shade similar to that but then I remember that painting one room is always the galloping ick and I'd then have to paint the hall inside the front door and then I'd have to do the hall leading to the bedrooms because everything connects...and then I remember I'm getting too old to move all that furniture and the urge goes away).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I completely get it. I'm so glad all my subjects were on work benches today. It really was a wonderful setup in our carpenter's heated workshop! I told Handsome I was a little tired after the day of painting, but at least I didn't have to get on my knees or up a ladder. I will say one thing...there's a reason real farmhouses didn't have white workwork. I'm ALWAYS cleaning it, especially with the dogs in our home. I'm seriously thinking about changing to a darker color...and then I remember I'd have to do it, so I lie down until the urge passes.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. That is a lovely color! I had to LOL at Magpie's Mumblings' comment above... I have some painting to do, too, but, that "galloping ick" also concerns me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      You'll have to read my reply to MA. If it weren't for the workbenches in our carpenter's shop - and the lovely modine heater - I'd have hired that job, too! Thankfully, not too many galloping icks, and only a few rambling harumphs. lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. LOL! Rambling harumphs! Yup, that is very close to the sound I make everytime I climb up and down the ladder! Hmmm...or is it the sound my husband makes when I mention painting? 😆

      Delete
  4. Love the color you've chosen! It has real class and presence.
    Happy Painting!
    And please be care on ladders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Salty:
      Thankfully, no ladder climbing required. All the cabinets were already lifted onto a perfect size work bench in our carpenter's (heated) shop, so all I had to do was walk from one to the next. I'm getting too old for ladders, for sure. Glad you like the paint, too. It looks a bit lighter until it dries down. I'm looking forward to seeing it installed so I know whether or not I'll paint the existing lowers all around. I just want to make sure it won't be too dark, but the thought of lighter lower cabinets really appeals to me. We'll have to see.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. I love the color.
    So nice to get the painting done before installation.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Shirley:
      Thanks. I really like it, too. It's just coincidence that it's a darker version of what we have on the walls in the farmhouse. (Two different manufacturers) I agree about pre-painting. All I'll have is a little touch-up once they're in. Yay!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna