December 28, 2022

Grammie's Jammies 2022...

 
Now that Christmas has passed, I can share photographs of the jammies I made for our grandkids this year. I cheated and purchased the tops, but these are the bottoms I made for them.

First up are the bottoms I made for Grandson. The fabric is The Print Shop by Sweetwater for Moda. This specific print is #5740.
 
 
I hate to purchase new buttons when I have enough vintage and older buttons to open my own button shop. (That's how I ended up opening a needlework shop in 1989!) These are the buttons I chose for his bottoms. I used Simplicity Pattern #D0834, because it's a slim cut pattern (which our guy sure is), and it has the two-button fly detail, plus the waistband button which I like better than fully elastic slip-ons.

 
These are the girls jammies. #1 Granddaughter's are on the right, and #2 Granddaughter's are on the left. I think I've told you in the past that I prewash all the jammie fabrics prior to cutting and sewing. The fabric is washed in warm water and tumble dried high heat so that I do the worst to the fabric before I sew everything together. They'll never get that wash and dry treatment again, but this way I know that the fabric won't shrink any more than it already has.
 
These are fabrics I've loved and hoarded saved for more than a few years. Fabric on the left is a Faye Burgos design for Marcus Brothers Textiles. There is no other information on the selvage. 

Fabric on the right is Azalea Trail by Nancy Odom for P & B Textiles ©2002. Yikes. I guess I just revealed how long I've had that line!  I had all the coordinating fabrics for that line, too. I'll have to look through my dark colors to see what else is left. I may have to make something else with it!

 
I used buttons on this pair that picked up the peachy color in the print. The photograph (unfortunately) doesn't show that it's a lovely pearly button.

 
More vintage buttons for this fabric, which I think begged for something old rather than new. The lady's pants are from Simplicity Pattern #D8518/0838. They also have a two-button fly (plus one), and partial elastic around the back which makes them extra comfortable.
 
I'm hoping each of them send Grandma a photo wearing them, so I can add it to my sewing scrapbook. I hope they enjoy wearing them at least until next Christmas, when I'll sew new ones to add to their collections. 

8 comments:

  1. The jammies are all so nice!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of jammies for everyone for Christmas - I've made them for our sons (both well over 6' tall) and our daughters-in-love but not for Christmas, just whenever they need them. Have been making pillowcases for all the grandies for Christmas every year but might have to see about branching out into jammies next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I've been thinking about pillow cases for nieces and nephews (the littles). I've done jammies since they were born...21 years now. They look forward to them every year, as I'm sure yours do, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Oh I love your jammies Donna and I bet your grandchildren do also. Such pretty ones for the granddaughters. Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie:
      They all loved them, and as I guessed on the length for our tall granddaughters, I'm so happy they were all perfect fits.
      Happy New Year, dear!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Fabulous fabrics for Grammies Jammies. And the Vintage buttons are just right. Thoughtful tradition you have for your Grands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thanks so much, dear.
      Happy New Year!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna