December 1, 2022

Sweet Treats...

 
I've got two get-togethers this week. I'm going to Larsen today for a day of stitching with the Sewcial Sisters. It's kind of our Christmas party, so I wanted to make some treats to take along. I'm also going to Portage this weekend, so I'll take a treat with me (it's my Birthday on Saturday!).
 
First, I went to my Toll House cookbook. I love this book. It's constructed like "baby's first book", with heavy carboard, laminated pages that can't be bent or soiled. That's all bonus to the great recipes that are found inside. Take this one...
 

I used milk chocolate chips, sprinkled sparingly on the top because I wanted more pecan pie flavor than chocolate. To me, it was just the right amount, and Handsome thought they were really good, too. These are going to Portage with me this weekend.

 
I decided on cutout cookies for tomorrow. I did Wisconsin cookies and when I decorated them, I put a special snowflake in the approximate location of Larsen. Because Primitive Gatherings specializes in wools, the sheep were appropriate, too. Of course, there had to be a few black sheep!
 
 
Someone (who could remain nameless, because you know who I mean) took the last piece of pumpkin pie from Thanksgiving. That's absolutely promoted here. I always leave the last cookie, candy, piece of cake or pie for him. He washed the pie plate, too. (He's been an equal and participating partner for nearly forty years.) 

I came downstairs the next morning to find this on the kitchen island. I laughed out loud. For a guy who says he doesn't have a sweet tooth, he sure does love the treats I make. So, I'll likely make another pie and save the other treats for when we have guests. (I'm not optimistic that that plan will hold.) 

So, I'm away today, but I'm going to make more holiday treats. I want to make them as gifts for a number of people and families for Christmas, so I'm going to make a list and work to it starting after Saturday.

Do you bake for the holidays? Do you share your creations? I'd love to know what your favorites are. 

I'd better get on the road if I don't want to be late. I'll take photos today so I can share them with you again. I love seeing what the ladies have created, and I love showing them to you, too! I'll see you again tomorrow! Gotta run!
 
Oh, Oh!!! One more thing...
 


6 comments:

  1. Mmmm, those cookies look so good!
    Love your pie plate.
    I make several types of cookies, mostly to give away also.
    My all-time favorite are my Mom's Toffee Bars, oh yum!
    I'm late in starting my baking this year, but I will start this weekend also.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks! They were very well received in Larsen today. I didn't have to bring a single one home. Toffee Bars sound delicious, too! Happy Baking, my dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Doesn't it just "warm the cockles of your heart" when hubby does something like that?! (Artwork in empty pie pan) It makes you feel so appreciated and loved... and thankful you married someone with a sense of humor! (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      You hit the nail on the head. He's the biggest blessing in my life. He's thoughtful, appreciative, loving, and has a great sense of humor. Can you tell I'm still crazy about him after nearly forty years? yep.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Aww - what a great man (you and I both have one!). Your goodies look like they won't last long.
    As for Christmas baking here at Chez Magpie - Resident Chef has created 5 (6?) different kinds of cookies, butter tarts and two kinds of homemade chocolates. I made hot chocolate mix and bean soup mix that I packaged up in mason jars (along with the recipes) for giving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Goodness! You've both been busy! I have hot chocolate mix and small bread loaves to bake before Christmas, along with a few other cookie recipes. (Hopefully) final procedure of the year on Monday, and I'll get back in the kitchen as soon as I'm up to it. I'd much rather be in the kitchen, for sure! You're right. We both have great guys! We're two lucky girls for sure.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna