December 7, 2022

Commission on Deck...

Floral Ribbon Embroidery - Web Image


I'm starting work on my current commission. I'm embroidering foxgloves on ballet slippers for a young lady who performed in a recent recital as a foxglove in a dance of the flowers.

NOTE: THESE ARE NOT MY EMBROIDERIES. They're inspiration images I found on the internet.
 
Digitalis/Foxglove Ribbon Embroidery - Web Image

This is the inspiration I'll use for the piece I'll embroider onto one of the slippers. I'll share photographs as I make a little more progress on it. This one is a departure from what I've done previously, but I'm up to the challenge. More to come soon.

9 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will be beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Sharing photos in Thursday's post. I hope you like it!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. With your talent it will be exquisite and a cherished momento. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Bonnie:
      You're so sweet to say so. Sharing photos in Thursday's post. I'd love to know what you think.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I simply can't imagine the logistics of embroidering on slippers! I will enjoy watching your project unfold, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      It was a bit difficult, as I didn't disassemble them. Also, with the heavier weight of the slipper fabric, I needed to use my needlework mini pliers. Even so, my hands were hurtin' for certain by the time I finished. I hope they like the result.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. I know about hurting hands - yesterday I spent the afternoon replacing the elastic waistband in a pair of jeans. Reminded myself of why I gave up working with denim several years ago.

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: This is such a lovely challenge. I know you will succeed in hand stitching the most amazing pair of ballet slippers ever! Happy Stitching Dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sherry:
      Thanks so much for the vote of confidence. I really appreciate it!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna