December 2, 2022

Images From December Sewcial Sisters...

Sewcial Sisters - Terry's Christmas Cushion Project


I'm sharing pictures today from our December Sewcial Sisters day at The Gathering. It was a perfect day for a drive, and the sun shone on Primitive Gatherings' retreat house all day. 

As you look through these photos, I'd like to also draw your attention to all the gorgeous red and white quilts that surrounded us as we visited and stitched on our respective projects. These are all part of the Red & White Quilt Show now in progress. I think Lisa said there were about 140 entries, and they're all so impressive!

Sewcial Sisters - Maryann's Wall Hanging




Sewcial Sisters - Lori's Table Mat


Sewcial Sisters - Kay's Candle Mat


Sewcial Sisters - Kathy D. Sharing Gift From Jody



Sewcial Sisters - Judy's Mini Wall Hanging



Sewcial Sisters - Jean's Christmas Quilt 1



Sewcial Sisters - Jean's Christmas Quilt 2



Sewcial Sisters - My Needlework in Progress

I shared the baby kimono during our Show & Tell. This is what I worked on while we chatted all day. I was inspired by the work of another artist on Instagram. I'm going to turn this into an ornament for a friend.

We all brought treats that we shared (before and after lunch), so each of us went home with a nice assortment of cookies, fudge, and other confectionaries. All my cookies were either eaten or went home with the ladies. 

The ladies all asked for my recipe, so I pointed everyone to the original source. In case you're interested, click HERE for the cookies. THIS is her frosting recipe, which I use every time - unless I make royal icing. They're both delicious and fool-proof wonderful cutout cookies, and they're the only recipe I've used since moving back to Wisconsin seven years ago.

I've got errands this morning, and then I'll be home working on my class project for tomorrow in Portage. I'll give you a sneak peek tomorrow, so you can see what we'll be working on. See you tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. ALL of the projects are so beautiful, but, that Nativity wallhanging, so special!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      We all thought the same thing. It really is a beautiful piece.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I feel as thought I've just been to a quilt show! What fun to see all the amazing creations but I have to say I was enthralled with the Nativity project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geez MA - proofread, proofread!!!! 'Though" not 'thought'....

      Delete
    2. Hi MA:
      We're all in agreement with you. That was the piece everyone in our group loved. It actually started out as a panel, and she was making it as a gift. Now she's considering keeping it. lol We asked the name, etc., but alas, it's a piece that had been in her "stash" for many years.
      No worries about the typo. I do it all the time. arg!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna