December 31, 2022

Cooking In The Weekend…



Handsome and I had a tasty date night meal for our anniversary on Thursday. It was a quiet way to celebrate our thirty eighth year as a married couple. 

Yesterday, we ran errands together in the morning, and I went to the kitchen after we got home.  I had three English roasts waiting to be pressure canned. After I trimmed and cubed the meat, five pints were processed, labeled and put in the pantry.

Handsome is getting his things pulled together in preparation for his trip to Florida. We’ll ring in the new year together, and he’ll be on his way by Monday morning. He’s so excited to be playing music with dear friends for the next few months, and I’m equally excited for him. I’ll share more in the coming days  

Happy New Year’s Eve! If you’re going out, have a great time and be safe. 

10 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice Anniversary.
    Happy New Year!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Marilyn!
      Happy New Year.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Health and Happiness in the New Year! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bonnie!
      Happy New Year to you and yours.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I would find it so hard to be separated from my DH for that long, even though I knew he was doing something he loved. You are a brave woman!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      It's not always easy, but it's what I do for him. I can do what I do anywhere, but he has more opportunity to make music with friends in Florida. Five bands are waiting for him to get there.
      I'll fret until I know he's safely there (he drives so he can take his equipment and Carly). I'm glad he'll call while he's on his way. I'm not so brave, but I am independent. I think that helps.
      Happy New Year, my dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Safe travels for Handsome. You will be well surrounded with your fur-babies. Your pantry will be feeding your family for some very delicious meals. Happy and Healthy New Year in 2023 my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thank you so much. Claudette must smell change in the air. She's been trying to bully her way in for the past two days. Other than milk and running to my friend's for eggs, I won't need to shop at all. I really like that. Happy New Year, sweet friend.
      Love,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary and a very happy, healthy New Year to you both and to all the fur babies also.
    Safe travels to Handsome and his co-pilot.
    And thank you for another wonderful year of blog posts.
    Shirley in Connecticut

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, dear Shirley!
      Thanks so much for your kind words. It means the world to me to read them. Wishing you and yours a most wonderful new year.
      Big Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna