December 8, 2022

Completed Commission...



I completed my commission yesterday on the ballerina slipper. This was completely embroidered in silk ribbon.


I'm sharing my inspiration image of the young ballerina who wore these slippers, and the costume she wore for her dance of the flowers recital. I traced the outline of the area I planned to embroider, and then made a rough sketch of what I had in mind. 

In the end, it took about four hours for me to embroider, and much of it required that I use my handy dandy needlework mini pliers. (I'll share a photo of them another time.) 

I'm very happy with the way they turned out, and hope that my client will be equally happy with the result of my labors. I'll likely know soon, as the slippers will be on their way home in today's mail.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Marilyn. I sure hope the recipient agrees with you.
      Happy Friday!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Very cool! She's going to be thrilled with them and I know they'll become an heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, MA! I'm happy with the way it turned out, and it's my fondest wish they like it as much as you and Marilyn do.
      Happy Friday!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Donna Dear you have met and surpassed this ballet slipper challenge! So very precious and they certainly will become an heirloom. I hope the owner will display them with this photo and story. Blessings…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sherry! They should have it in hand by Monday, and I, too, hope they'll cherish it.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna