December 5, 2022

December Craft Day...


We had another great time crafting together in Portage last Saturday. It was my turn to lead the project, and this is the collective result of our "play date".


Kim couldn't be with us that day, as her younger daughter also celebrated a Birthday on the 3rd. Her elder daughter stayed with her Grandma Marie, so she was with us and made two projects! She jumped right in and got very creative. I blurred out the bottom of the first piece for privacy, as she had written her family name on the bottom. 


I absolutely loved the piece (Grandma) Marie created! The cross was so beautiful done in this technique, and really looked like a piece of jewelry.


Adrienne's piece was whimsical and fun. She chose bright colors on the watercolor paper, and then added a mixture of stones on the bottom. I love it!


My dear friend, Linda - the matriarch of this group - chose greens and yellows for her piece. We were all tickled, as she usually leans to the patriotic red, white and blue. This was a lovely change of pace, with a pretty finished artwork.


Debby chose to paint a dreamy background, and then went with an abstract design for the raised elements. It reminds me of a desert scene, with a sparkling caterpillar standing up. 


Sorry that the one piece on the left is so washed out. I guess it just blinded the camera. (lol) The piece on the right was the display piece that I took with me. The other one is the piece I did to teach them the technique. 

All in all, the ladies agreed that this was a new-to-them, fun project. Adrienne's daughter came in after the fact, wanting to learn how, too. Unfortunately, we had to pack up because most of the ladies had plans for the afternoon. Grandma Marie (hers, too) promised to teach her another time.

I was home by 2, and celebrated my Birthday here at Hickory Hill. I spent a little time visiting with Shelly, too. It was a perfect day.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!
    That looks like a fun, unique project.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun project. HAPPY BIRTHDAY.🎂 Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday! What a lovely way to spend the day...sharing your gift of creativity with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now how did I miss that your actual birth day was on Saturday? For some reason I thought it was this week. Never mind - birth days are SUPPOSED to be celebrated for at least a week so I'm not behind. Right??
    Looks like a grand project and the happy faces say it all. I love that the group has such a variation in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry of createology: Love the projects and what the group created. January online class I am ready. Keep Celebrating all month long dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna