December 12, 2022

Planning Ahead For The February Show...


I spent Sunday working out a new design for Brynwood's cork fabric line. 
Introducing the "Matty Clutch".

This clutch measures a convenient 8" x 5", has a main zippered compartment, and an additional front zippered compartment. These will be part of a limited edition collection, as I only have a finite number of the squirrel and acorn zipper pulls. The lining is a custom fabric featuring the acorn and oak leaf element from my logo.

These are already spoken for, but I'll be making a lot more after the holidays. In addition, I'll also be making a "Mini Matty" that will be perfectly sized for a few bank or credit cards, cash, and will have an attached key ring! All of them will debut in my booth at the quilt show in February. I'll share more information about that as the date gets closer.

I'm baking today. Bread and more Christmas cookies are on my dance card for the day. Tag will be back tomorrow with great news. I'll see you again on Wednesday. I hope you're enjoying this holiday season. I'm really trying to slow down and enjoy the reason for the season. I wish the same for you.

9 comments:

  1. The clutches are pretty.
    I am also baking today.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks! It sounds like you'll have a busy kitchen day, too. Happy baking, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. These look great and I'm not the least bit surprised that they're sold already. I've never worked with cork but it's on my list to attempt at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks! You have some great cork suppliers in Canada, dear. If you'd like my favorite source, just let me know and I'll share a link with you. It's easy enough to use on a regular domestic machine. I have a heavy duty machine because some of the pieces I make are multiple layers, and easier to sew with a stronger one.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. I don't know if my machine would be able to handle it. It balks at pretty much anything that's the least bit heavy. One more reason to mourn the demise of my beloved Janome.

      Delete
    3. Rats! I'm so sorry to hear that, MA. I have three vintage machines that all work - with space at a premium. I really should purge some of them, but the old workhorses (especially with metal gears) can't be beat when it comes to heavy lifting (meaning sewing, not just how much the little beasts weigh). For that reason alone, they stay. Wish you were closer. I'd share one with you!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love the purses.Baking for me today too.Welsh cakes two types, fruit , and cheese and chives. Fruit scones too. Sister in law is disabled now through illness and can no longer stand for any length of time , so lots will be going
    there tomorrow. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura-
      Thanks so much! Your creations sound delicious! My sister trades packages of sweets with a cousin every year, and facetimed me to show me her package contents. She made out like a bandit this year! She sends favorite savory items back, buying items they've had before and love. It's quite the wonderful deal for both of them. How kind of you to be making lovely treats for your sister-in-law. I'm sure she appreciates all your efforts, my friend.
      Happy Christmas Blessings to you and yours,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: How did I miss this post. I love your new cork clutches. You are so clever with every detail and I adore your newest lining fabric and charms. I’ll be saving my money for a future purchase dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna