February 2, 2022

January DeClutter Goal Reached...

January Accomplished!
 

Goal: 22 Items • Actual: 53 Items

Last year, I pulled a number of bolts of fabric that were coming out of my studio - one way or the other. They were first previewed by a friend for trade and/or donations. These were bolts that weren't chosen. 

My second option was to list them for sale, but after stumbling over them in my fabric studio for nearly three months, I decided to give them to another worthy cause. My younger sister has taken to quilting! Just before Thanksgiving, she came to visit me so that I could give her some pointers. She ended up creating seven beautiful quilts for her grandchildren. Now she has the "bug", and I want to help fuel her new interest.

Before she left the farmhouse yesterday, we loaded 45 bolts of fabric into the back of her vehicle. She was thrilled to have all that fabric, and she said her head was just swimming with ideas for new creations...from napkins to quilts. She couldn't have been more grateful, and I was happy to regain the floor space.

I also pulled a few items from my closet (with more planned for February), and some duplicate kitchen tools are now in a donation box that I'll add to until the box is full. Then, I'll be taking that to St. Vincent de Paul to benefit others.

I'm feeling pretty good about now. My fabric studio is pure chaos, so I'm going to continue pulling fabrics for preview, sale, and donation. I'm going to pull notions, as well. I think February is going to be busy, but I'm excited to think about how fabulous my creative spaces will be once this is done.

4 comments:

  1. What a generous thing for you to do for your sister.
    I always seem to declutter at the beginning of a new year also.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful that your sister has caught the quilting bug and you were able to give her some fabric. You are a good sister! I always feel better once I have decluttered anything! I have been going through some things but this year with moving her last year, I don't have as much to declutter! That's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Donna. Declutter is certainly accomplished for January at your home. Isn’t it such a great feeling to know your fabrics will be used for wonderful gifts. I made my January commitment also and it feels good! Now for February…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo for you! Decluttering is SO satisfying isn't it. And even better that you were able to bless your sister with fodder for her creativity. I really need to go through my stash again and do some more winnowing. You might just help give me the incentive to get started!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna