February 12, 2022

Dances With Dogs...

Taggart and Bella Line Drawings

 

Something new floating around in my head. I'm going to embroider all three dogs (and likely the Barn Girls in the future). I've been reading books and combining it with the techniques I learned in my RSN class in Kentucky when I made the stumpwork butterfly, so I think I can do this.

I have all my supplies, so soon I'll just jump in and see how it goes. I'm sure I won't be as fast as some of the other needleworkers I watch who are well-seasoned in animal art. I'm also sure that, while the project will be my first with animals, I'll be striving for perfection, so that might add extra time, too.

I'll likely start this next week. It will be fun to do some needle dancing that involves our much-loved pets. Choosing the thread colors will be the most fun - especially with those black dogs!

Have a great weekend. Enjoy the Super Bowl, and if you're where it gets cold (we just got another snow dump), please stay safe.

13 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the results of your new adventure!
    We only got a dusting of snow here, & some rain.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I'm looking forward to exploring these embroideries - even though it's a bit daunting. Glad you didn't get much. It was lighter than expected, considering what we saw before it got dark. (I'm not complaining!)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. This is going to be such fun to watch. I've seen quilted wall hangings of pets but they look far to intimidating for me to attempt. I think I'll stick to buildings that are a lot more forgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MA. I've done one quilted piece (Here's a link: https://brynwoodneedleworks.blogspot.com/2018/05/three-new-ribbons.html). I think this embroidery will be fun, too. I've seen your buildings. They're wonderful!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the link - fun to see your projects from before I started following you.

      Delete
  3. You truly are an artist! With so many amazing skills/talents already "in your toolbox", I admire the way you continue to try and learn new things - quite successfully, I might add! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Lois! I really appreciate your kind comments. I'm humbled.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. It will be fun to see your progression. A lot of love will go into this project so can't go wrong. Especially when your models are right there! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judi:
      You're so right about the love that will go into these projects. I'm looking forward to sharing my progress here. Thanks for your note.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Wow this will be interesting. Blacks are tricky however there are lots of shades of black. Happy Valentine Hearts Dear…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      You're so right! The tutorial I've been following suggests deep blues for some shading on black dogs. It's going to be an interesting process, for sure.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. I just know they will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna