February 18, 2022

Are You Ready?...

My Fabric Studio - I'm Getting There
Here's a progress photograph for you today. I told you I'd be sharing some declutter tips with you, so let's get started, shall we?

So far, I've begun to tackle the fabric studio. It's a room I really don't enjoy entering these days because it's so cluttered. I forced myself in there and took a few boxes and grocery bags with me. The boxes are for items to be donated and/or sold. The grocery bags are for trash. 

What you're seeing on the cutting table is what I have so far for donation, giveaway (in boxes), and sale. I'm not finished yet because I'm pulling fabrics next. My goal is to no more than to three fabric shelves of bolts, and only a few stacks of folded fabrics. As much as I love my fabrics - and I really do - I know there are many in my studio that I'll never ever use. Heck, I've even thought about having a buyer come in and take what I want to move for one price! (I just don't even know where I'd begin with that.) So, I'll do this piecemeal, but consistently, until it's down to where I want it to be.

I'd love to tell you that I've figured this decluttering process all out on my own, but I don't want to lie to you. I'm awful at letting go. I've been coming across things I've held for decades, so the thought of finally giving it up is going to be a little painful. In order to share real tips and tricks, I have to go to other bloggers for help.

I've found the beautiful blog site hosted by CoCo at The Crowned Goat. Her images alone are worth a look. I know I can learn a lot from her about presentation, too. (I'd like to consider myself - even at my age - as a work in progress.) 

I'm going to share the link to her Simplified and Organized Home Challenge page HERE, but be sure to explore her entire site while you're there. There are even convenient printouts that you can put on the inside of a cabinet for convenient reference.

I know I'm getting onto her 2022 schedule late, but I'm going to catch up. I'm looking forward to having a home without the clutter. I can do this, and if you decide to jump onboard, we can do it together.

I'm really looking forward to sharing my progress. It's not going to be pretty (right away), but I'm committed to getting there by the end of the year. I've got this!

5 comments:

  1. Your studio is so pretty.
    Yes, it's hard to depart with some things, but after awhile you feel better that it's more organized.
    Thanks for the link.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all of us are a work in process our entire lives. You are making great progress and I love your space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is MA. I am an organizational book junkie. There, I said it. I get every single book about organizing and decluttering from our local library and I read.every.single.word. Does any of it sink in? Why, no (at least not much of it anyway). Having said that, my sewing room is crammed and some might acknowledge that it's somewhat organized and I suppose it is. I can generally put my hands on what I need quickly, but it's still messy.
    And now, I find there's a blog out there about organization that I didn't know about? How could that be.......bye......(as she wanders off to check it out).....

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are wanting to get rid of some of your fabric The French General accepts donations of fabric are anything to do with sewing and quilting. They sponsor The Navajo Quilt Project to help the Navajo women on the reservations so that they can make quilts because they cannot get the fabric or supplies on the reservations. If you go to The French General website they have all the information....Just a thought

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree it is so hard to eliminate stuff I have cherished for so very long. I am sentimental and emotional. I do understand having less is best and makes one feel freeer…however, I love my stuff and want to be surrounded by it. I will check out The Crowned Goat. Thank You Dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna