February 19, 2022

Afternoon Playdate...

My Current WIP - Pastel Floral Mat
 

The weather turned cold again, and last night we had a nasty Snow Squall Warning, bringing with it frigid temps, high winds, snow (of course), and hazardous driving conditions. It was building throughout the day, so after taking care of my outside girls and doing a little housekeeping, it was a perfect day to stay in and stitch.

I chose my thread color palette, hooped my vintage linen doily, and set about creating something pretty.

 

My Current WIP - Pastel Floral Mat - Detail

By dinnertime, this is what I'd accomplished. It's far from finished, but I made good progress. I'll be working on it again today, and will set it aside when I need to do something else.

I did pull fabrics yesterday, and will have new items listed in my shop over the weekend, too. I plan to get a lot more needlework in, though, and will share more photographs on Monday. 

Please have a good weekend, and I hope you get to do something creative - or do something with someone you love. 

4 comments:

  1. Another beautiful flower!
    I was out of town all day yesterday, & didn't get home until 6:00.
    When I walked in the door, my phone went off with a storm alert.
    The it started, wicked wind & snow.
    I was so glad I made it home, as there was nothing while I was driving.
    I had no idea it was coming until I hears the alert.
    Have a great weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something pretty indeed! I love the texture you've portrayed and yet you've also made it look delicate...not an easy feat methinks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is absolutely amazing how beautiful your embroideries are!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna