February 8, 2022

Tuesdays With Tag - Cabin Fever...

A Monkey On My Back
 

Hi, Everybody!

Well, here we are in February already.  I went out lookin' for my shadow just to see if we might get outta winter early. Then, I remembered we're in Wisconsin, and there might be snow right up 'til May. arrrrrgh!!! Enough, already!

When I'm not gettin' my face (or butt) swatted by the Queen of Corpulence (as Dad calls Claudette), I'm bein' harassed by the Ladies of the Manor. I know Mom already told you about that cheeky feline chasin' me around. I'm not runnin' away from her for my safety. I'm runnin' away so I don't clean her clock. Don't tell her though. She has to live in the barn instead of the warm farmhouse, so it's okay with me if she gets a little thrill now and then. No harm. No foul.

However, when I'm in the house, I like to think of it as my castle. A place where I can let down my guard. Relax. Let it all hang out. You know what I'm talkin' about. It's almost impossible with this Kid. She sticks her nose in my face and licks me all the time, for starters.

Whenever she gets excited, she either grabs her mom's back leg (weirdo) or gets in my face (grrrrr). When I've had enough, she gets to see my mouthful of pearly whites. I also have a fierce growl, but she takes that as a challenge. Drives me nuts!

But, when it's time to really rest, she can be almost sweet. I mean, look at her. She came over to my side of the sofa and went to sleep with her head on my butt. Who can get mad at that? Can't you just hear Mom singin' Lean on me?

She's Gettin' A Grown-up Profile
 

The Kid's gonna be two years old in a few months, and we can see that she's developin' her grown-up profile. We think she's gonna be almost as beautiful as her momma. Lucky Girl. She can lean on me whenever she wants...as long as she doesn't lick my face!

(By the way - Mom likes this picture 'cuz it looks like the little chickadee carvin' in the background landed on her nose.) 

So, that's the kind of abuse that peppered my last week. I think I need a vacation. How about you? Could you use a break, too? If so, trust me. I feel your pain.

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 

"Been There, Chewed That!"

8 comments:

  1. Carly is a pretty girl, just like her Momma.
    She loves you & wants to be close to you.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      Maybe she was just cold? Naw. She loves me.
      Smooches,
      xo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. Tag, I'm sorry you have cabin fever. I hope your snow lightens up a bit soon! Carly is such a pretty girl and she loves you that's why she licks you. Hang in there and yes, I feel like I need a vacation too! Say hi to your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherri:
      I'm seriously thinkin' about goin' on walkabout...except it's too cold and I'll end up in deeper snow. Hopin' the warmer weather comes soon! I keep tellin' Mom that Carly can't hold her licker. snort Sometimes I crack myself up!
      Smooches,
      xo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. I, too, thought the chickadee was perched on Carly's nose....great picture! Sounds like you hate February about as much as I do. Enough cold and snow already!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      Yup. We're in the same boat. Come on May!
      Smooches,
      xo
      Tag

      Delete
  4. I always look forward to Tag Tuesdays and your posts. A Corgi’s view on daily life. If you give Kitty Puss a chance she and you would actually have fun together. I see you each running very slowing towards one another to end up chasing and playing together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      Maybe we'll work it out. She just has to keep her paws to herself. She likes to get on the chaise with Mom durin' the summer, so I can see us cuddlin' in the warm sunshine, or on the porch in Mom's favorite chair. We shall see.
      Sendin' special cuddles and smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna