February 23, 2022

Yesterday and Today...

Two Days' Embroidery Comparison
I thought I'd make it a little easier to compare my daily progress if I put the previous work day's image next to the current status of my embroidery. 

I realized yesterday that my design is just a bit off-center on my doily. I'm not going to remove needlework to make it more centered. Instead I think I know what I'm going to add to the offset area to balance my piece. I'm either going to stitch a butterfly or a bluebird. That's what I'll be working on today, and I'll share my progress again tomorrow. I think I'm closer to finished now that I previously thought.

Homekeeping next, and then to the grocery store for a few things before I settle in to stitch. I'll be back with more pictures.

8 comments:

  1. It's so gorgeous.
    Can't wait to see the Butterfly
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, honey:
      I didn't read your comment until after I'd finished the doily. I went with the bluebird this time, but will do a butterfly on the next one. <3 Thanks for your vote, Marilyn. Stay warm. We got 3-4".
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! It's like an amazing bridal bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Lois.
      I'm sure enjoying this process.
      Stay warm,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. You've done an incredible job (and as I've said before it would be one of those things I would simply have to touch so I could really appreciate the texture). I think you have bluebirds in your area so if I were voting that's what I'd choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, MA-
      You're too kind. I chose a bluebird for just that reason! ;-)
      I really wish you could touch it for yourself.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Donna I almost couldn’t comment because my eyes were busy looking at every flower and leaf and stitch you have completed. This will definitely become an heirloom for generations to enjoy and treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I sure hope it's around and treasured by someone for a long time to come. I've even tucked a wee acorn into the design!
      Have a great weekend, my dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna