February 25, 2022

Hello, Bluebird...

Latest Finish - Bluebird Floral Doily

I completed my embroidery mid-afternoon yesterday. I'm so happy with how it turned out. I filled the upper left area by embroidering a little bluebird. I guess I'm already looking toward spring (as the snow fell a significant portion of the day while I stitched).


Bluebird Floral Doily Detail

I even managed to tuck a tiny signature acorn into the bouquet. Can you find it? I think I'm honing my skills for the new-to-me style roses, so I'm already looking forward to my next one.

I'll be sitting down this morning with my project list to see what's up next. I have a needlepoint piece my bestie, Cyd asked me to complete for her; a few stumpwork pieces that are calling to me; another version of the "sparkly peek" I recently shared with you; and a couple other Primitive Gatherings projects that I'd like to work on again. I'll go to my list and see if I missed anything. Maybe I'll write all the projects on pieces of paper and have Handsome grab one from a bowl. That could be fun.

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful with that little Bluebird.
    I think I see the Acorn.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Donna - the bluebird was the perfect touch (and I think I found the acorn too).
    I think having Handsome pick your next project would be a fun idea too. I am in mid-go with another landscape and already am thinking about the next one. I think I might be possessed....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna Dear this is such a beautiful stitchery. It will be an heirloom for generations to come. I hope you add your name and date to this (maybe on the back). I believe I see your little signature acorn. The Bluebird of Happiness is the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna