February 5, 2022

Bake, Rattle and Roll...

Hearts and Snowflakes

Sorry for the song title pun. It was Handsome's idea, and my geeky sense of humor actually loved it! Friday was a snowy day, so baking was the perfect way to spend it. I chose the snowflakes to match the day, and hearts because...well, aren't hearts always a good choice?

Frosted Hearts and Snowflake Cookies

I used my favorite cutout cookie and frosting recipes, and added colored gel to the icing for a sweet pink marbled look. I dipped some most of the cookies in sugar crystals to make them glisten, too. These are larger cutout cookies (except for the little hearts) so the recipe only yielded a dozen and a half, total.

I also made another batch of the Koulourakia cookies, so there are also three dozen of those. They're perfect with morning coffee or afternoon tea. At any rate, they'll be a nice, sweet treat to satisfy our cravings for a while.

That means today will be a good day to stitch! I'm going to settle into my favorite needlework chair, grab one of my current projects, and dance the day away.

8 comments:

  1. The cookies look delicious!
    I love that marbled look.
    Have fun stitching today.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm hungry! Fun idea for changing up plain icing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MA!
      That's what happens when you have just a little leftover red icing. ;-)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Donna, now I want to run to my kitchen and start baking some cookies LOL!! They look beautiful, I especially love the sparkle!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherri:
      I hope you do!! Post pictures. I'd love to see yours!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. I baked some chocolate chip cookies last evening, however mine do not have the flair and extra special touches that yours have. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Choco chips are on my list after these are gone! I especially love them with a nice glass of cold milk! (That makes them healthy, right?) ;-)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna